There are 138 users in the forums

Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Stafford may not be a bad option for the 49ers to explore, I bet he has more upside than Goff or Lynch. But the coaching staff has to be replaced first, otherwise no matter who we stick in there has no chance.

More upside than Goff? No. That is precisely why he might get cut by Detroit.

Where is all this Goff upside talk coming from? i just saw a Mock Draft Yesterday that has Hackenberg rated higher. His mechanics look off, alot of his passes will be batted down at the NFL level.
saw a Mock Draft Yesterday that has Hackenberg rated higher. .

Yeah....its why those people dont have jobs in the NFL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I agree but the odds of Goff , Lynch or Hackenberg being worth a top 10 pick are slim. Goff just threw 5 picks in his last game.

"From the historic 1983 draft class through 2009, teams drafted 34 quarterbacks in the top 10. Half of them were busts and less than one-third became stars".

So i guess we got a 1 in 3 chance, Goff is not the sure thing that Manning, Luck or Elway were. I think we're better off taking Vernon Hargreaves III. and going after a QB in the 2nd round

I agree but the odds of Goff , Lynch or Hackenberg being worth a top 10 pick are slim. Goff just threw 5 picks in his last game.

"From the historic 1983 draft class through 2009, teams drafted 34 quarterbacks in the top 10. Half of them were busts and less than one-third became stars".

So i guess we got a 1 in 3 chance, Goff is not the sure thing that Manning, Luck or Elway were. I think we're better off taking Vernon Hargreaves III. and going after a QB in the 2nd round

what are the odds at every other position?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

what are the odds at every other position?

I'm sure it's pretty high as well, but the QB needs a few more things to flourish than other positions. O-Line, good consistent coaching and play calling, threat of a run game to keep the D honest. The only thing we have right now out of those things is Carlos Hyde.

I say take Hargreaves, we need a shutdown corner and Goff may even be there at the top of the 2nd round especially if he keeps throwing INT's like he did against Utah. And Utah's D is going to seem like nothing compared to 6 games as a rookie against the Seattle, St Louis and Arizona.
Originally posted by Rascal:
More upside than Goff? No. That is precisely why he might get cut by Detroit.

This post aged well
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Im surprised they haven't fired Zimmer yet.
That was great. They were acting like they won the super bowl. The fans went wild lol.
Congrats to all three of them. Jared and the twins.

[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Dec 6, 2021 at 3:34 PM ]

Feel for Dan Campbell when they shipped Stafford and all his receivers out of town everyone knew this was gonna be a long term rebuild. Having gut wrenching losses pile up can take the wind out of your sails. You can see the pain looks like he's actually in physical pain in some of these post game pressers. Glad he got that one W hope he can keep his head up and they can get some actual players this offseason. Seems like a good dude.
Share 49ersWebzone