LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Don't tell me Detroit will be drafting a QB too. Damn it!!

Seems that way. Stafford would be a great fit in Houston or with the Jets.

It will be pretty hard to draft ahead of Detroit which means 1 QB could already have been taken by the time we pick. Sigh...

Says who there's a good chance we lose to them and we end up with the tie breaker. Did you forget this team of ours is in disarray?

We blow as much as them
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
trey wingo ‏@wingoz 2m2 minutes ago

Lions D allowing QBs to complete 73% of their passes. Single season record for a QB is Drew Brees at 71%. 2015 Lions make every QB best ever

Holy s**t

Can we play them for the rest of the year please?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Don't tell me Detroit will be drafting a QB too. Damn it!!

Seems that way. Stafford would be a great fit in Houston or with the Jets.

It will be pretty hard to draft ahead of Detroit which means 1 QB could already have been taken by the time we pick. Sigh...

Says who there's a good chance we lose to them and we end up with the tie breaker. Did you forget this team of ours is in disarray?

We blow as much as them

Well, we will have to in order to keep pace, if not we could be out of the Jared Goff lottery, but of course they could pick Paxton Lynch which I am OK with.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
trey wingo ‏@wingoz 2m2 minutes ago

Lions D allowing QBs to complete 73% of their passes. Single season record for a QB is Drew Brees at 71%. 2015 Lions make every QB best ever

Holy s**t

Can we play them for the rest of the year please?

We can as long as we lose to them otherwise we will lose that top QB pick to them in the draft since it looks like they might move on from Matthew Stafford now.
Stafford may not be a bad option for the 49ers to explore, I bet he has more upside than Goff or Lynch. But the coaching staff has to be replaced first, otherwise no matter who we stick in there has no chance.
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Stafford may not be a bad option for the 49ers to explore, I bet he has more upside than Goff or Lynch. But the coaching staff has to be replaced first, otherwise no matter who we stick in there has no chance.

How bout we have our cake and eat it too.

Trade Kap.

Sign Stafford to a cap friendly deal.

Draft either Goff or Paxton.

Groom the rookie till Stafford goes full potato on us

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

How bout we have our cake and eat it too.

Trade Kap.

Sign Stafford to a cap friendly deal.

Draft either Goff or Paxton.

Groom the rookie till Stafford goes full potato on us

I like it!... probably the best thing we could do. Neither Goff or Paxton are going to be ready in their first year anyways. Look at Aaron Rodgers, had he been drafted by the niners and thrown right to the wolves he might be out of the league by now. Instead he got a few years to learn the NFL, Granted we don't have a Brett Farve either.
I like it!... probably the best thing we could do. Neither Goff or Paxton are going to be ready in their first year anyways. Look at Aaron Rodgers, had he been drafted by the niners and thrown right to the wolves he might be out of the league by now. Instead he got a few years to learn the NFL, Granted we don't have a Brett Farve either.

Stafford already has a huge contract with a big chunk guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/matthew-stafford/
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

More upside than Goff? No. That is precisely why he might get cut by Detroit.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

MAJOR changes in San Francisco: 49ers have fired GM Trent Balkee and President Paraag Marthe, league sources told ESPN. Head Coach Jim Tomsula's future in doubt.

I pray for the day we get to see this.

NFL has been pretty cutthroat this year, teams pulling the trigger & making changes early rather than waiting till season's end.
Stafford for Kaep
Yorks to much of pussies to fire their bffs ala baalke praaage tomsula. Yorks make me
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Stafford for Kaep would be a dream, and I would even throw in Reid in there just to secured the deal..

But when does Stafford becomes a free agent?

as for the Detroit owner, man, I love the move!!! Lady got some balls to do the firing in this stage.. JED should take some notes from her and how she get them balls!!!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
New coach will probably keep Stafford as a bridge for the QBOTF
Share 49ersWebzone