LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

Cowboys Release RB Joseph Randle

Shop 49ers game tickets
as per http://abc30.com/sports/cowboys-release-rb-joseph-randle/1066249/

read the item and can anyone explain to me what they mean with this statement below in regards to reaching out for the TD and that he had been told not to

In five games -- all starts -- Randle ran for 315 yards and a team-high four touchdowns on 76 carries, but he angered coaches at times. In Dallas' Oct. 5 overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints, he reached the ball over the goal line and needed a replay reversal for a touchdown to be called, but the coaches reacted harshly because it was the second straight game he did it despite their orders not to.
Originally posted by agumby:

read the item and can anyone explain to me what they mean with this statement below in regards to reaching out for the TD and that he had been told not to

In five games -- all starts -- Randle ran for 315 yards and a team-high four touchdowns on 76 carries, but he angered coaches at times. In Dallas' Oct. 5 overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints, he reached the ball over the goal line and needed a replay reversal for a touchdown to be called, but the coaches reacted harshly because it was the second straight game he did it despite their orders not to.

Sounds like he wasn't supposed to score ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

thats what i thought too, maybe they wanted to use more of the clock up even if that meant not scoring at all or was it the way he scored and the need for a reversal, is there was clock issue ??

a bit confused being new to this game

Reads like a ball security / being coachable concern to me.
[ Edited by CplPile on Nov 3, 2015 at 10:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

thats what i thought too, maybe they wanted to use more of the clock up even if that meant not scoring at all or was it the way he scored and the need for a reversal, is there was clock issue ??

a bit confused being new to this game

Sounds like point shaving
Sign him... he would compliment Hyde very well.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

If he gets suspended who's to say he'd even play a down for us?
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for 4everFaithful.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

If he gets suspended who's to say he'd even play a down for us?

Invest in him for next season
The dude was diagnosed with Aldon Smith syndrome
I live in Dallas and listen to the sports radio shows on my drive to / from work. The issue was that Coach Garrett did not want Randle sticking the ball out and risk getting the ball stripped before he crossed the goal line. In a post-game interview and when asked about that issue, Randle kept saying "6 points, 6 points, 6 points."

This was one of many mental Aldon Smith like issues that Randle had with the team. They got sick of it and cut him.

Share 49ersWebzone