LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

NFL trade deadline

Shop 49ers game tickets
IMO it's best if we can get some value for players, no matter how small, and try to load up on some draft picks.

We're in a rebuild now- let's start again in the 2016 draft and go from there. New FO, coaching, QB, the lot. We should offer open season and just take what we can.

Actually, thinking about it, I can't really think of any players, perhaps apart from Bow, that I'd be upset if they got traded. Such a change from just last year
NFL trades in season are typically few and far between. I would not be surprised if nothing happens league wide. Teams that are great don't want to mess to much with the chemistry, and teams that are bad it's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titantic.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Not sure we'd get more than a 6th or 7th round pick for Davis. Maybe we'd get a 5th round pick for a half season rental of Boone. I don't expect we'll trade Boone and make our offensive line that much worse. We should probably try to keep him in the offseason if possible.

We got about what I expected for Davis.

We picked up a 2016 6th round pick, but are giving up our 2016 7th round pick which could be 5 picks later. Their 2017 6th round pick isn't likely to be high even if Manning retires with how strong that defense is.
You guys think Staley gets traded?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

That would be one of the biggest bone headed decisions ever, especially since the O-line is horrible.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

I don't think any of our offensive linemen get traded. We're more likely to trade Kaepernick. We have very few pieces that anyone would want (I don't think we plan to move Staley, Boone, Torrey Smith, Hyde, or Lynch).
Time to dump some high priced veterans who are in contract years.

VD was a good move.

Offense: Boldin & Boone
Defense: Dorsey & Brooks
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Time to dump some high priced veterans who are in contract years.

VD was a good move.

Offense: Boldin & Boone
Defense: Dorsey & Brooks

We're tanking. We probably moved up 5 spots from our 7th round pick to Denver's 6th round pick and picked up a future late 6th round pick. The real benefit is that our team gets even worse so it may improve our draft position this year a bit. The chance at losing one more game is way more valuable than what we received from Denver in this trade.

I vote we give up Boldin, Dorsey, and Brooks for a future 7th round pick. The picks are a formality so we can pretend we're getting something in return and the front office is not trying to lose games on purpose. Players don't tank, but front offices do. Let's not screw around and risk winning any more games this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I seen on Rotoworld that the Browns are in discussion to trade Joe Thomas......Damn you Baalke DO IT!!!!

Kap and a 3rd round pick for Joe Thomas.

The 3rd round pick will be pretty close to a 2nd lets do it!!!!

Browns LT Joe Thomas said he does not want to be traded.
"I'm not a quitter," said Thomas. "I'm not a guy that gives up on my goals and my goal from day one was to be part of the turnaround here and that hasn't changed." The Browns have reportedly "engaged in discussions" regarding a potential trade of Thomas, who has started every game at left tackle for Cleveland since 2007. The trade deadline is Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST. Nov 1 - 10:38 PM
[ Edited by Kolohe on Nov 2, 2015 at 5:58 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Cancel Joe Thomas let's get this guy:

PFT's Mike Florio reports the Chargers are shopping FS Eric Weddle ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline.

The Chargers are 2-6 and bringing up the rear of the AFC West. Weddle, 31 in January, is in the final year of his contract, so the Bolts could simply be looking for a draft pick that would be more than they get for losing Weddle in the form of a compensatory pick. The Chargers have already hinted they won't re-sign Weddle. Weddle has missed the last two games with a groin injury, but should be healthy soon. When on the field, he's a leader and above-average "center fielder."

And move Reid to SS, Tartt doesn't look ready.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

PFT's Mike Florio reports the Chargers are shopping FS Eric Weddle ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline.

The Chargers are 2-6 and bringing up the rear of the AFC West. Weddle, 31 in January, is in the final year of his contract, so the Bolts could simply be looking for a draft pick that would be more than they get for losing Weddle in the form of a compensatory pick. The Chargers have already hinted they won't re-sign Weddle. Weddle has missed the last two games with a groin injury, but should be healthy soon. When on the field, he's a leader and above-average "center fielder."

It's no coincidence that other 2-6 teams are shopping their veterans. Why would the 49ers give up picks for a 30 year old and compromise our draft position?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

It's no coincidence that other 2-6 teams are shopping their veterans. Why would the 49ers give up picks for a 30 year old and compromise our draft position?

So you think Weddle is just some 30 year old Safety??

I'd give them Denver's 6th round pick, it's not like I wanna trade the farm.

He's a good 30 year old safety which is exactly why we should not trade for him. Giving up a 5th or 6th round pick is not an issue, but winning 1-2 more games and reducing the value of the rest of our picks is.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

He's a good 30 year old safety which is exactly why we should not trade for him. Giving up a 5th or 6th round pick is not an issue, but winning 1-2 more games and reducing the value of the rest of our picks is.

He makes too much money and will be a FA after this year
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I could careless about draft pick position, I just want to see a good Safety on the team.
Share 49ersWebzone