LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 196 users in the forums

Who is the best, young, RB in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Hyde shouldn't even be in this conversation.

Actually he very well should be, if it weren't for having a stress fracture in his foot I have little doubt he would be leading the league in rushing.

Is he as special as Gurley, Bell or Freeman? None of us can honestly answer this right now. Time will tell, and though it's easy to hate on our team right now a healthy Hyde definitely deserves to be talked about when considering future stars at the running back position.

"Hyde is tops on this list with an incredible 32 forced missed tackles (first in this group) and very nice 2.83 yards per carry after contact (second among these backs). Again -- the hype around Hyde has dissipated a little bit as the year's gone on, but his numbers are still strong and his elusive rating really points to how he's doing a lot without much to work with. He's breaking tackles at a higher rate than any of these other backs and he's getting almost 70 percent of his yardage after breaking a tackle. That's incredible."
its Gurley no question

Bell is great but look at the offense he plays for and look at who Gurley plays with
Gurley and it aint even close
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Yer gonna see the best young stud back in the NFL this weekend as he tramples and dances upon the wreckage of the 49er defense...

18 carries, 61 yards

How people consider Gurley as the best young RB in the NFL over Le'veon Bell is beyond me.

I guess 3 great games trumps a 2,200+ yard, 11 touchdown season on WZ.

This. If anything, we can debate about the second best.
Gurley
Bell
Freeman
Hyde
Hill
Share 49ersWebzone