LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Who is the best, young, RB in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Le'Veon Bell

Yep, and it's not close. Bell had over 800 yards receiving last year, to go with almost 1400 rushing.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Criteria is, the RB has to be in their 3rd year or less.

Hyde and Gurley look like the best right now.

I think Hyde has the potential to be up there, but he gets dinged too often and gets no help from the O-line and passing game. As of now it looks like the answer is Bell followed by Gurley and Freeman.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Oct 27, 2015 at 8:44 PM ]
I'd take Bell or Gurley over any other back in the league. Gurley is scary like A.P. We didn't always fear top tier running backs. I miss Patrick Willis.... And Justin Smith.... And Chris Borland.... And Aldon Smith.... And A.J. Jenkins
Thought Freeman was getting amazing blocking, sat down to watch him play and boy was I wrong. Kid is a pinball

1.) Bell
2.) Freeman
3.) Gurley
4.) Miller
5.) Hyde
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
How could I forget Bell? He is hands down the best he is just so skilled and patient I always think hes been in the league for 5 years
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Its Gurley and Devonta Freeman

This.

Then probably followed by Bell then Hyde.
Bell all day Especially when you factor in his ball catching ability. Then Gurley and Freeman.
Freeman ..Gurley ...Bell....Hyde
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Oct 28, 2015 at 9:43 AM ]
Doesn't Hyde get stuck playing behind the worst OL of any of the young RBs?

I'm not saying that because of that he's the best.

I forgot about Bell too. I thought he was in his 4th, or 5th year. Bell does have the luxury of playing with one of the best QBs in the NFL, with a good OL, and scheme.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Gimme TDs.

Freeman

Gurely is awesome. He doesn't have that good of an offense around him and has been doing a great job so far. Freeman can also run, but he does have a great offense around him, still he would have success on any team. Bell is just very smart RB and can be as physical as any RB when he wants to. Reminds me a lot of Emmit Smith. Not the most athletic guy, but has great vision and instincts for the game.
I wish I could say Hyde, but he really hasn't done much to warrant even being brought up in this thread sadly.
Todd Gurley hands down.
But Bell and Freeman are very good also
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
Todd Gurley hands down.
But Bell and Freeman are very good also

LOL at "Gurley hands down." Let me know when Gurley has 2,200+ yards and 11 touchdowns on a season and then you could POSSIBLY start talking about him being better than Bell.

Until he does, its Bell "hands down" with Gurley behind him.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Gurely is awesome. He doesn't have that good of an offense around him and has been doing a great job so far. Freeman can also run, but he does have a great offense around him, still he would have success on any team. Bell is just very smart RB and can be as physical as any RB when he wants to. Reminds me a lot of Emmit Smith. Not the most athletic guy, but has great vision and instincts for the game.

Bell is an awesome athlete (much more athletic than Emmitt Smith was). He's gotten so much quicker since he entered the league. His feet/balance/agility are ridiculous for a guy his size. He's not going to beat Gurley in a race, but he's a similar athlete in my opinion when you factor in more than just straight line speed. He's built like a bigger Peterson - just not quite as fast as Peterson was in his prime. Emmitt Smith had great vision and the best offensive line in the league. Bell has great vision and athleticism and a decent line.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/07/28/leveon-bells-body-fat-is-2-9-percent/

Not the most athletic guy
Share 49ersWebzone