LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Who is the best, young, RB in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Criteria is, the RB has to be in their 3rd year or less.

Hyde and Gurley look like the best right now.
Devonta Freeman
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthWest9Er:
Devonta Freeman

Thread.
Isn't Eddie Lacy in his third year?
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Its Gurley and Devonta Freeman
Le'Veon Bell
Gurley and its not even close. Freeman is just another product of Shanahan's zone scheme.

edit: oops totally forgot about LeVeon Bell, he's a close #2
[ Edited by znk916 on Oct 27, 2015 at 2:35 PM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Gurley looks like the best to me.
Le'veon Bell by far. Best vision ive seen
Originally posted by NorthWest9Er:
Devonta Freeman

No. Stats are a product of the system

I think it's Bell. He had 800+ receiving yards to go with his 1,300+ rushing yards last year. Plus these guys in their first halves of their rookie seasons need to prove they can continue to have success.
Bell
Gurley and Hyde are 2a and 2b. Gurley for overall but Hyde for power like lynch. I've rarely seen a better tackle breaker than Hyde. I would say he is second to lynch. And he can get to the outside easily while straightarming DL like BJ raji. Wow. I would rather have Hyde but it's close.
Freeman but he seems too easy to bring down
  • mr_P
Wait until Gurley starts lowering his shoulder. He can run over defenders like Lynch, too. He reminded me a lot of beast mode at Georgia.
[ Edited by mr_P on Oct 27, 2015 at 6:09 PM ]
Gurley and Bell for sure. They are in a class by themselves in my opinion as far as talent goes. But you cant deny what Freeman is doing right now. He is playing as well as anyone.
Bell and it's not that close right now. He could play in any offense in the league and does everything well.

Gurley is second and has the best chance of catching him, because his speed/power combination is the best since AP, but Bell has unbelievable vision and quickness for a bigger guy and is a great receiver out of the backfield. He's gotten so much better since college when he was a 2nd round pick. The Rams' current offense is a good fit for Gurley - I love their zone blocking scheme and Tavon Austin opens things up by keeping defenses from committing to one side.

Eddie Lacy, Lamar Miller, and Devonta Freeman round out the top 5 for me. Hyde is in the top 10 with Bernard, Hill, Martin, and Murray.
Share 49ersWebzone