LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Washington Commander news

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
They gave up the future to draft RG3 and also drafted Kirk Cousins in the same draft and it looks like neither are the QBOTF.

(Did I miss any emoji?)
[ Edited by dj43 on Oct 14, 2022 at 12:54 PM ]
SSSSSHHHHHhhhh!

We're trying to trade them Vernon Davis.
I remember when they threw down a lot to trade up and get Campbell

Campbell was drafted as the 25th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins under General Manager Vinny Cerrato. The Redskins traded up in the draft to get Campbell, surrendering a third round pick in the 2005 NFL draft, along with first and fourth round picks in 2006.[4]

guess who went 1 pick in front of Campbell?

Aaron f**kin Rodgers
Dafuq is a RG3,is that Star Wars character
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:

Robert Griffin III. His nickname is RG3. He was drafted very high and had a great rookie season. Much like Kap, he was a part of the new mobile QB movement. But unlike Kap, he doesn't know how to protect himself when he gets out in the open. He's been hurt a lot and then a new coach was brought in that basically wants nothing to do with him. He went from the future star QB for the team to the 3rd string and non active on game days.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
SSSSSHHHHHhhhh!

We're trying to trade them Vernon Davis.

Have a hard time buying that RG3 is really finished. He was too good in college. But I guess if his attitude is complete garbage as reported it's possible he's done with the Redskins and will need to move on to revive his career and maybe eat a serving of humble pie.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Have a hard time buying that RG3 is really finished. He was too good in college. But I guess if his attitude is complete garbage as reported it's possible he's done with the Redskins and will need to move on to revive his career and maybe eat a serving of humble pie.

I agree with this. Now that he's been humbled a bit if he can get the right coaches I think he can stil be a good qb if he sits and learns the game for another year maybe. A coach just needs to figure out what he can do and coach him up...but if Mike Vicks and McCowns etc are starting for teams I thi k RG3 can again one day too.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:

Robert Griffin III. His nickname is RG3. He was drafted very high and had a great rookie season. Much like Kap, he was a part of the new mobile QB movement. But unlike Kap, he doesn't know how to protect himself when he gets out in the open. He's been hurt a lot and then a new coach was brought in that basically wants nothing to do with him. He went from the future star QB for the team to the 3rd string and non active on game days.

Shanny broke him in that playoff game his rookie year.
  • KP82
He needs a new environment. New team. New coaching. He's brokeb goods in Washington. Dan Snyder mind f**ked him.

Cousins is f**king terrible. 23 int's in 15 games
Originally posted by lamontb:

"Do you NOT understand that it was windy yesterday, as in the wind makes the ball fly all over the place and it can be difficult to control...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?"-Jay Gruden

http://detroit.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/1957552/jay-gruden-blames-wind-kirk-cousins-terrible-game
  • RKab
  • Veteran
I'd have to do some more research but off the top of my head I'd say they may have overall better talent than the 49ers. Which makes me sad.

Neither Cousins nor Griffin are the answer and until they get a QB they won't be a contender. But they have a good new GM in McCloughan and have hit on most of their picks from the past two years. They drafted the best OL in the draft in Brandon Scherf (though he hasn't matured in a RT yet), Matt Jones, Jamison Crowder, Preston Smith all are getting playing time and contributing as rookies. Morgan Moses and Bashaud Breeland are above average NFL starters from last year's draft. And when you are building a team you want three things a stud LT (they have it in Trent Williams is top 5 in the league), stud pass rusher (Ryan Kerrigan) and stud QB (nothing). And they have at least one big-time playmaker in Desean Jackson. Jordan Reed has all the tools to be a top TE if he could stay healthy. If you give a QB in say, the top 1/2 of the league this team, I think he wins 9-10 games.

They really just need steady QB play and a couple league average safeties to compete in the NFC East.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:

I agree with this. Now that he's been humbled a bit if he can get the right coaches I think he can stil be a good qb if he sits and learns the game for another year maybe. A coach just needs to figure out what he can do and coach him up...but if Mike Vicks and McCowns etc are starting for teams I thi k RG3 can again one day too.
I live in Virginia and watch all the Redskin games. Robert Griffin is done as an NFL starter. First injuries have taken away his quick burst and world class speed that he used to evade defenders and buy time to throw. His pocket awareness is zero, he doesn't know how to side step rushers or step up or back to avoid them. In the pocket he is a sitting duck. Outside the pocket his diminished quickness and running style make him road kill. He is the opposite of a QB who knows how to protect himself. He is nowhere near his listed weight of 220 and seems to contort his body into the most vulnerable positions before contact.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by lamontb:

"Do you NOT understand that it was windy yesterday, as in the wind makes the ball fly all over the place and it can be difficult to control...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?"-Jay Gruden

http://detroit.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/1957552/jay-gruden-blames-wind-kirk-cousins-terrible-game

ha. he also said he had to go back and look at the film. smh
Share 49ersWebzone