LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Greatest TE of all-time?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Greatest TE of all-time?

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Tony's got my vote. 17 years in the NFL? wow.

and LOL@ Jimmy Graham.

Skill wise, is one of the best TE's to ever play this game. Defintely deserves his spot on this list. If Gronk does, he does. For many years we were unsure who was better, Gronk seperated himself when Graham got traded to seattle. But imagine the numbers Jimmy would be putting up with Brady?

what are you talking about? Graham had a damn future HOFer throwing to him most of his career. Brees is more pass happy than Brady too. Its no contest that Gronk is by far the better TE in any scenario

Brees is no where near Brady's level and neither is Wilson. And when he had Brees his numbers were similar to Gronk. They both put up over 1300 yards in 2011 and double digit TDs. Graham is the only one of the two to put up 1200+ yards in a season twice. I'm not saying he is better than Gronk, but he deserves his spot on this list.

and LOL@ Jimmy Graham.

Skill wise, is one of the best TE's to ever play this game. Defintely deserves his spot on this list. If Gronk does, he does. For many years we were unsure who was better, Gronk seperated himself when Graham got traded to seattle. But imagine the numbers Jimmy would be putting up with Brady?

what are you talking about? Graham had a damn future HOFer throwing to him most of his career. Brees is more pass happy than Brady too. Its no contest that Gronk is by far the better TE in any scenario

Brees is no where near Brady's level and neither is Wilson. And when he had Brees his numbers were similar to Gronk. They both put up over 1300 yards in 2011 and double digit TDs. Graham is the only one of the two to put up 1200+ yards in a season twice. I'm not saying he is better than Gronk, but he deserves his spot on this list.

Although Brady is a way better QB, Brees throws the ball way more which should allow his receivers to have better stats than Brady's receivers. Brees beats Brady in completions and yards almost every year and in some years its by alot.

He did have good numbers throughout his career so i agree, he does deserve to be on the list but i think when you compare the two, it goes to Gronk right away
Graham can't be on this list. The guy himself argued he should be listed as a wr. He doesn't block good at all which is part of a tes job. Something gronk is exceptional at btw.

and LOL@ Jimmy Graham.

Although Brady is a way better QB, Brees throws the ball way more which should allow his receivers to have better stats than Brady's receivers. Brees beats Brady in completions and yards almost every year and in some years its by alot.

He did have good numbers throughout his career so i agree, he does deserve to be on the list but i think when you compare the two, it goes to Gronk right away

I agree
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Longevity helps you get into the HOF.

Gronk is a great player but he won't last long enough to put up the numbers to be a HOFer.

It does gets you the numbers for the HOF, but that's different than the GOAT.

Yes, Gronk most certainly will be a HOFer. He's producing at a level never seen by a TE.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 30, 2016 at 6:43 PM ]
Antonio Gates tied Tony G's career TD record today

Share 49ersWebzone