LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

2016 QB Options

Shop 49ers game tickets
Throws a beautiful deep ball, something kap cant do despite his arm.

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Cardale Jones is worse than Kaep AND Tebow. The only reason why Buckeyes still on the top is because of Elliot and their defense. Many draft experts already said Jones is not a draftable QB. If Niners are gonna end on the top 10 (or even top overall pick) then I rather take Goff than Cardale.
Originally posted by NIMV4683:

Cardale Jones is worse than Kaep AND Tebow. The only reason why Buckeyes still on the top is because of Elliot and their defense. Many draft experts already said Jones is not a draftable QB. If Niners are gonna end on the top 10 (or even top overall pick) then I rather take Goff than Cardale.

Did u really just compare cardale to tebow?... ridiculous. And these so called "draft experts" that claim he's undraftable are foolish. A late round pick? Maybe. But undrafted? Hell no. Someone will take him. That's a fact. Mark my words on that. And if its a team that struggles at the qb position he will compete for a starting job
Ohio state won the national championship last yr because of cardale. They put up 40pts every game with him behind center.
I have a unique take on this QB situation.....

Assuming CK is definitely NOT the guy for us here (we don't know just yet)....

I'd say we aim for a 2-3 year plan to rebuild the 49ers into the 2011 mold. What that means is we draft OL and DL/OLB high two years in a row while playing Gabbert.

A lot depends on what we finish with this year. If we had a disaster 1-4 win season, then definitely keep Gabbert and improve the team in the trenches.

When the surefire QB pops up in the draft you get him and make him sit a year.

The challenging thing here is timing all of this with the coaching staff we'll have in place. In an ideal world you'd have a new coaching staff right when you're about to draft this QB, but it's hard if not impossible to do such a thing.

It's very tempting for many on here to want to give up on Kap, but let's be real here:

Whatever you think of him, it will be a sad parting. Just as we've discovered moving on from JH, certain things may improve but certain things will drop off. The guy may never become Steve Young 2.0, but when he's on he's very dynamic. He's going through some unexplainable struggles right now, but his peak play is something we've all enjoyed.

I'm all for a long term transition from Kap to the next guy......almost like what we did with Alex but hopefully he can play a bit better so we won't have to rush it so much.
In free agency i would go with Fitzpatrick(good leader and efficient QB)
Manning is gonna retire this year so no way Denver gonna let Osweiler go.
Bradford it depends what he will want going forward
Schaub is done

IF Chicago and Miami changes happen I would considerer Tanhehill over Cutler
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Drew Brees

I agree!
Originally posted by 24KGold:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Drew Brees

I agree!

Doesn't he have a 30 million cap hit next year?
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
In free agency i would go with Fitzpatrick(good leader and efficient QB)
Manning is gonna retire this year so no way Denver gonna let Osweiler go.
Bradford it depends what he will want going forward
Schaub is done

IF Chicago and Miami changes happen I would considerer Tanhehill over Cutler

hell no, i refuse that our team go into QB purgatory. Always ends badly and the team gets nowhere
What do you guys think of Mettenberger? Mariota is obviously the entrenched starter and Mettenberger has proved he is capable. Titans should be willing to let go of him for say....a 4th or 5th

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
What do you guys think of Mettenberger? Mariota is obviously the entrenched starter and Mettenberger has proved he is capable. Titans should be willing to let go of him for say....a 4th or 5th

Hell to the no

Hell to the no

he had an ACL tear so you know Baalke is creaming his pants about trading for him
If we end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft, we need to go with Jared Goff.
hell no, i refuse that our team go into QB purgatory. Always ends badly and the team gets nowhere
In case you didn t notice, we are in hell when it comes do QB.

So purgatory is a huge improvement.

To me there are 2 cenarios:
Sign free agent to be backup and draft Goff.
or
Sign free agent to be starter(Bradford?) and draft a QB late.

We have to get rid of Kap!He is dragging us down
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Hell to the no

he had an ACL tear so you know Baalke is creaming his pants about trading for him

Share 49ersWebzone