LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 125 users in the forums

2016 QB Options

Shop 49ers game tickets
Cutler and Maybe even Tannehlill might be available and maybe the 49ers swapping QBs with one of those teams might be in play. Fresh starts for everybody
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cutler and Maybe even Tannehlill might be available and maybe the 49ers swapping QBs with one of those teams might be in play. Fresh starts for everybody

Originally posted by Hopper:

at least he aint scared to throw the ball
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Brock Osweiler, kid had 4 years to sit behind Manning.

This

He'll be starting for the Broncos next season.
Bring in a decent vet.
Draft Goff and an OLine
Trade Kap for a 2nd
Any free agent would be better than what we have now.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Bring in a decent vet.
Draft Goff and an OLine
Trade Kap for a 2nd

Sadly, we couldnt get a 2nd for kap. Maybe a 4th if we're lucky. We'd deal him to anyone who'd be willing to take his contract. I can see us trading him for a 5th or 6th rd pick at this point.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Bring in a decent vet.
Draft Goff and an OLine
Trade Kap for a 2nd

Sadly, we couldnt get a 2nd for kap. Maybe a 4th if we're lucky. We'd deal him to anyone who'd be willing to take his contract. I can see us trading him for a 5th or 6th rd pick at this point.
this

we aren't getting a 2nd for Kap lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So basically replace Kaepernick with a more fragile, ultra douchier version of Kaepernick......good call.

... Ultra Douche
I don't mind bringing in RGIII and having an open competition between him and Kap. I also hope we draft Cardale Jones. But I want Kap to enter next season as the starter, unless we can deal him for something valuable.

No Cardale Jones plz, Big Arm but questionable in many other areas

No matter who our Quarterback is, were going to draft and possibly pickup a solid proven FA OL.
As far as our QB situation, Id trade kaep, or more than likely cut him if he isn't willing to take a huge payout.
If he's gone, I would look into Fitzpatrick, Osweiler, maybe Gabbert? as a bridge gap Qb While we take Goff,
the best available option in 2016 thus far, close second in cook. Not a great class but I think Goff might be an above average Qb a few years
down the road, if he sits for a year or 2.

whats up with Brees? I've heard he's still there for next year but heart someone else say he's probably done this year. But anyways

summed up , Need OL, and OL, and decent FA Qb for a fifth of Kaeps Salary and similar production, and draft a Qb.
at least he aint scared to throw the ball

Yeah. To the other team.
Originally posted by Ladoskiwoski:
I don't mind bringing in RGIII and having an open competition between him and Kap. I also hope we draft Cardale Jones. But I want Kap to enter next season as the starter, unless we can deal him for something valuable.

He's not a bad player. I wouldn't be for taking him in the 1st rd, but might pull the trigger in the 2nd, defintely in the 3rd if he falls.

Defintelty has aspects of his game to improve, but you guys gotta remember that he has less than 10 starts thus far. Lacks experience. He's gonna make mistakes, but has already proven that he can win big games and make big plays with the game on the line.

He's not a bad player. I wouldn't be for taking him in the 1st rd, but might pull the trigger in the 2nd, defintely in the 3rd if he falls.

Defintelty has aspects of his game to improve, but you guys gotta remember that he has less than 10 starts thus far. Lacks experience. He's gonna make mistakes, but has already proven that he can win big games and make big plays with the game on the line.

remind you of any QB we have on the roster now?
Originally posted by jreff22:

remind you of any QB we have on the roster now?

I can see the similarities. But if u guys watch footage on them they are completely different. Cardale is a much better passer, and has better pocket precense, he's also not afraid to throw the ball in tight coverage. Which will result in turnovers, but will also result in points
Share 49ersWebzone