There are 203 users in the forums

Dolphins out of control yet again

Shop 49ers game tickets
Joe Philbin's career as a head coach is over.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/sources-say-tension-with-dolphins-had-been-mounting-for-weeks-in-practice/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It was an extremely tense week in London surrounding the Miami Dolphins prior to them being embarrassed by the New York Jets and subsequently firing coach Joe Philbin upon their return to the United States.

Frustrations have been mounting for weeks, and escalated Saturday during practice prior to the game. Philbin has also been struggling on how to handle his franchise quarterback, Ryan Tannehill, who had been getting rattled even in practice sessions.

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: "Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/miami-dolphins-dan-campbell-ryan-tannehill-incident-changes-100615

Dan Campbell is already planning one significant change since being named Miami's interim head coach.

A source told FOX Sports that Campbell told players in a team meeting Monday that he will be changing the style in which the team conducts its practices.

The switch stems from a practice incident last week prior to Miami's 27-14 loss to the New York Jets in London. The National Football Post reported that Tannehill made belittling comments toward members of the practice squad after the defense forced two turnovers.

A source told FOX Sports that Tannehill became angry after a practice squad player intercepted one of his passes. The situation escalated when a practice squad defender zipped in front of another Tannehill pass for a second interception.

The National Football Post reported that former Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin told practice squad players to "take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback's confidence."

A source told FOX Sports that the Dolphins, like some other NFL teams, had asked their defensive scout team members to simulate opponent schemes and looks during some practices rather than try to make plays on the football.

Like the entire Dolphins squad, Tannehill has struggled in 2015. He is completing only 56.7 percent of his passes with seven touchdowns and five interceptions.

At least Miami can now win the "My coach can kick your coaches ass" challenge.

What a train wreck, confirms my suspicions about Tannehill, he just gives off that "I'm a d**k" vibe...but unfortunately 49ers not too far behind.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Wow.
Tannehill signed a big extension as well, was drafted higher than Kap yet I don't see the media calling for the Dolphins to move on and find a new QB.
I really thought Tannehill would have a breakout year
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
I really thought Tannehill would have a breakout year

Same here, and I thought Miami and/or buffalo would finally challenge New England, but yet another season with 6 wins virtually guaranteed for the Patriots.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
enjoy your practice squad pay check. Lmao
What a loser tannehill is. For the coach to tell the ps to go easy on him after he threw a tantrum is beyond pathetic. Both philbin and tannehill should have been dumped after that.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Lolololol.

"C'mon practive squad...take it easy on the starting qb."

"Stop practice squad...you might hurt my starting qb's confidence"

Lololol.
Lol we are calling another team out of control?

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Lol we are calling another team out of control?

Lol.

You have to admit this is crazy.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
If that is true about Tannehill disrespecting his teammates who are just trying to impress coaches, Geno Smith isn't the only scrub QB deserving a punch in the face. He was 100% out of line. If I was an NFL head coach I would I would make him apologize in front of everyone, buy those guys dinner and detail their cars. If he refused my punishment I would sit him for a game. Chemistry among players goes a long way, Philbin is not head coaching material if he was openly tolerating Tannehill acting like he is better than anyone, especially considering his on field production.
[ Edited by BobS on Oct 6, 2015 at 10:09 PM ]
fires coach that bullies practice squad guys

hires Crossfit tight ends coach that was quoted as wanting borderline dirty players. on his team.
If we were serious about winning the season, we would bring this dude in instead of Chryst.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT it looks as if we are tanking for picks.
Maybe he took the anti bullying thing to the heart.

"Hey dont bully my qb!"
Share 49ersWebzone