LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Who is ur 2nd team, who should b mine?

Shop 49ers game tickets
If you have one...
And why?

I have a lot of teams that give me nostalgia boners, but can't commit, just not sure. I think my first favourite team was the dolphins in the Marino era, but this was when I was like 7 and I think it might have just been the colours. Then I remember the hype around the cowboys vs bills super bowl, everyone was psyched on the cowboys with aitkin and Smith and it's in my nature to be different so I loved the bills and Thurman Thomas. This love affair, along with the dolphins, lasted a while, and somewhere along the way I got a cardinals hat and liked them too, later in my late teens I also went through a Steelers and Browns phase, I think I just ended up on those teams in my player on Madden but grew to love them.

So here I am... The bills seem promising and cool to me, but as I've gotten older I've come to understand what people from the north east are like and I hate them, New Yorkers, Jersey people, even Boston, just disgusting humans with their "fugged abowtit" or "I pahhked my cahhh" in the case of Boston. Is buffalo like this? Does it have those gross Jersey type people or is it more Midwestern?
I suppose it ought to be an AFC team. However for me I kind of like the Pack. Except this weekend of course
No way, there is no 2nd team...49ers all the way
Aussies seem to stick with whatever team they first support, I've known guys that will not change even after 30 years without a premiership because that is their team...we seem much more loyal than what I've read on these forums since becoming a 49ers fan, but now 49ers will always be my team...if Hayne moves, that will be my 2nd team
I'm Aussie and extremely the opposite. In the Nrl I have different teamS every year, based on rosters and a bunch of little things that may have rubbed me the wrong or right way in the off-season.

This year my teams were Panthers and eels, which obviously didn't work out, but I liked their rosters and the moves made by the higher ups, I'm from Brisbane and have supported them in the past but was offended by the team they were fielding this year. Jokes on me, they're in the gf tomorrow, but that's ok, I'll die by the sword that is my judgement of roster construction.

Nfl I'm yet to know as inside and out, it's just not in my DNA like rugby league is, so I need to base my support on more emotional things, although I'd like to have a few players I really like on any team I support, and yeah would ideally like the town as well. I forgot to mention I also like the no saints for a while, and to me it seems like the coolest town in america, from afar. But yeah I can just see they suck too hard to support them in good conscience.
IMO you can only have a "2nd team" if they play in the opposite conference, and you have some kind of tie to them. You lived there, your cousin played for the team, etc.

You cant just like another teams player(s) or colors and start buying their gear. Thats weird.
Originally posted by Niners99:
IMO you can only have a "2nd team" if they play in the opposite conference, and you have some kind of tie to them. You lived there, your cousin played for the team, etc.

You cant just like another teams player(s) or colors and start buying their gear. Thats weird.

I agree and what makes it easy for me to be a 49ers fan is I travelled the entire USA in 1992 and San Francisco was a highlight for me...one of my all-time favourite spots in the World
To be honest I don't think I get "having a team" at all, I don't have that gene, what if they suck? What if they Piss you off? What if your high school enemy/rival happens to become their qb? You just take it? Swallow your pride and lube up? The way I see it, I'm the boss, the teams are competing for my support, rub me the wrong way and ...you're fired! Etc.

Probably the only reason I can entertain the idea of having an nfl team is I haven't paid close enough attention over the years to see the unforgivable things teams have done, so I still have positive boyhood associations with quite a few teams. This will change the more closely I watch the nfl. I have to say the browns already have stepped off my list by signing manziel. In his college career he just struck me as the epitome of douchebag, everything that's not good about America squished into one guido. And so, just like that, I can't support the browns.
I wanna add I fkn hate hate HATE the patriots, a rival would be good, but are all rivals div rivals? I'd like a chance to meet them and beat them in the sb.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
49ers.... f**k the rest

The 49ers are my first and last team but there are certain players I enjoy watching. Aaron Rodgers is great to watch, the only QB I've seen with a similar talent level is Joe. When Rodgers gets #4 then we can talk comparisons.
ive always liked the chargers
Team I hate the least is the pack because their qb is a 9ers fan and he wanted to be here.
I would never claim a "second" team. Although, I cheer for the Redskins against anyone other than SF.
Choose Jacksonville. Then you will always feel better about the 49ers.
But asking on a 49er webpage is kinda like asking your wifes/girlfriends brother who you should mess around with on the side. Stay Faithful
Share 49ersWebzone