LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 334 users in the forums

Nicknames in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Marcus "49ers should have drafted me" Peters

Aaron "49ers should have drafted me" Rodgers

Anyone who thinks Aaron Rodgers wouldve been on the same career trajectory in SF is dreaming. He was an a-hole as a young player as it was. Being thrown into the fire like Smith would've been total disaster.

The Packers almost gave up on him when Favre was still there, because of how he handled waiting 3 years for the job. He was on the edge with the Packers front office.

Alex Smith overcame incredible odds just to remain in SF as long as he did, and not go Ryan Leaf on everyone. Smith got dragged through the mud here. He had incredible patience with the team and the fans.

Aaron Rodgers wouldve flipped out on the 49ers quickly. He needed the most stable organization in football just to stay the course.

It actually ended up working out best for everyone. The 49ers got a forgiving QB that stuck it out and bridged the gap to this generation, and the Packers got a guy that they were able to turn into a HOF player.

Had those roles been reversed, Rodgers wouldve flamed out here with that garbage OL and WR corps, and Smith wouldve ended up the same guy he is today, but in green and yellow.
Jason "Species" Sehorn

Kwame "the Lame" Harris

Franklin "Gire" Gore

Jeff "Happy Feet" Garcia (other variations exist)
Why is this thread in NT?
Joe Cool /thread.
Some of my favorite Berman nicknames from the late 90s/early 2000s

Curtis "My Favorite" Martin
Andre "Bad Moon" Rison
Jake "Daylight come and you gotta" Delhomme
Well Dressed Amani Toomer
Tai Streets of San Francisco
Share 49ersWebzone