There are 233 users in the forums

Nicknames in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The best nickname I can recall is Dick "Night Train" Lane. Damn good football player too, in 1952 he intercepted 14 passes in his rookie year, still the record. They only played 12 games a year back then. A side note, he was married to jazz great Dinah Washington.

Cept how he got the nickname ruins it.

He was afraid to fly, so he used to take the night train to each city by himself before the games.
btw, I like how the OP asked about nicknames of the others players on the 49ers, and just about every answer is past players on different teams...
DeAndrew White - Alabama
Kaepernick - Kap
Carlos Hyde - el guapo
Alex Boone - the rhino
Anquan boldin - Q

Just some off t top of my head
Marcus "49ers should have drafted me" Peters
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:
Marcus "49ers should have drafted me" Peters

Aaron "49ers should have drafted me" Rodgers
Aldon"49ers never should have cut me" Smith
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
Whats Navoro Bowmans? The tank. Nah they should call him the real beastmode. Frick Marshawn Lynch
[ Edited by FAS33 on Sep 24, 2015 at 6:19 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by FAS33:
Whats Navoro Bowmans? The tank. Nah they should call him the real beastmode. Frick Marshawn Lynch

MON5T3R
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SoCold:
MON5T3R

Robowman

Navoro "I'm the last good player on the team" Bowman
Originally posted by Kombi:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The Hateful instead of the faithful ?

I see what you mean

Aussie here, and I rate the Seahawks a better chance to make the Super Bowl this year then the forty whiners.

Hey Aussie, the correct word is "than" when you are comparing things. So stick that in your vegemite.

After not using lynch on the losing SuperBowl play, and with his decreased production this season, his new nickname is "Least-Mode."
Originally posted by SoCold:
OJ "Buck Knife" Simpson

The Inconvenient Truth, personal favorite With all due respect to Concrete Charlie.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Cept how he got the nickname ruins it.

He was afraid to fly, so he used to take the night train to each city by himself before the games.

I heard that but I also heard the nickname is after Jazz Great Jimmy Forrest's rendition of "Night Train" 1952. Which also was Lane's rookie year.
Move to NFL talk maybe?
Share 49ersWebzone