LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Official Marcus Peters Road to Canton Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Figured the coach choker needed his own thread since here since so many Niner fans are saying this guy is the second coming! Enjoy!

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Crap, now I'm rooting for the guy to pull a wicked Aldon. Just to post the smiles.
We needed DL help, not CB's
Canton. LMAO.

14 catches, 177 yards, 3 TDs given up in 2 games.

But he has 2 INTs and some tackles, fantasy football people think he's a beast.

HOFer for sure
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The GOAT.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

14 catches, 177 yards, 3 TDs given up in 2 games.

But he has 2 INTs and some tackles, fantasy football people think he's a beast.

HOFer for sure

lol, he has played pretty good for a rookie corner
Dude looks like a beast. Always around the ball. Sure he gives up some plays, but he's rookie. Also covering Thomas he looked good.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

It's still way to pre-mature to call him a "beast".

Janoris Jenkins had a similar start to his career as well. Regularly gave up a ton of catches and yards, but he was getting INTs and pick 6's, so everyone thought he was a beast. Once the turnovers stop coming, which will happen, he's got to show the consistency to be a top flight corner.

14 catches for 177 yards, 3 TD's given up in 2 games doesn't do it for me. If that guy had a SF on his helmet, people would be freaking out how he gives up too many plays.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 18, 2015 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

It's still way to pre-mature to call him a "beast".

Janoris Jenkins had a similar start to his career as well. Regularly gave up a ton of catches and yards, but he was getting INTs and pick 6's, so everyone thought he was a beast. Once the turnovers stop coming, which will happen, he's got to show the consistency to be a top flight corner.

14 catches for 177 yards, 3 TD's given up in 2 games doesn't do it for me. If that guy had a SF on his helmet, people would be freaking out how he gives up too many plays.

Yeah its too early. I said he "looks like" one though. Which he does.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He's got playmaking ability for sure. He plays the ball really well, but my idea of a beast is somebody that locks down his side of the field. Maybe he develops into that, he's a young dude, only 2 games in. I'm just not as high on him as other people are. They see 2 INTs and a Pick 6, I see way too many catches, yards, and TDs given up.

He's got playmaking ability for sure. He plays the ball really well, but my idea of a beast is somebody that locks down his side of the field. Maybe he develops into that, he's a young dude, only 2 games in. I'm just not as high on him as other people are. They see 2 INTs and a Pick 6, I see way too many catches, yards, and TDs given up.

He was blanketing guys all nigtht. Some of thoe catches were just great plays like the fade last week or Thomas' shield catch in that last drive.

Can't ignore two picks. Sure they were bad throwz, but he was still in positiln, made good jumps, caught if and returned it.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 18, 2015 at 5:20 PM ]
He was blanketing guys all nigtht. Some of thoe catches were just great plays like the fade last week or Thomas' shield catch in that last drive.

Can't ignore two TDs he scored also. Sure they were bad throwz, but he was still in positiln, made good jumps, caught if and returned it.

He only has one TD.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Can't ignore two TDs he scored also. Sure they were bad throwz, but he was still in positiln, made good jumps, caught if and returned it.

He only has one TD.

My fault.

Yeah, but you know how turnovers go. Sometimes they come in bunches, and sometimes you have a long drought without forcing any.

Some great cover corners in this league don't get many INTs or any pick 6s, but they are so consistent every snap.
Share 49ersWebzone