LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

T.O. Is eligible for the H.O.F.

Shop 49ers game tickets

T.O. Is eligible for the H.O.F.

Should be a first ballot HOF imo.

Side note, but I think it's pretty cool how we got to see Jerry, Randy Moss and TO all play at the same time in the late 90s/early 00s. All 3 also played for the Niners which is pretty cool too.
I really think the HOF is watered down. I guess he is a HOF based on the numbers
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Yes, TO is eligible for the HOF. Is he one of the top eight among those who should make it this year? No.

A major talent and an even bigger arse who ultimately wasted his talent. Should he get in one day? Maybe, but that's for the voters to decide.

wasted his talent by becoming one of the most productive WRs of all time

I completely agree
Wasted his talent by losing some playing time, losing out on better numbers, and being a general A-hole teammate.

Not sure why that is so difficult to wrap your brain around. I love the smarmy and douchey smart assness on display in your post.

No doubt TO is a HOFer (I never said otherwise), just not on the first ballot.

His off-field antics had to have played a role in the voters not voting him on the first ballot.

Originally posted by crake49:
Marvin played 13 years and T.O. played for 15 years. But for most of Harrison's career, he had Peyton Manning throwing to him. So I don't buy that. I'd take in his prime T.O. over in his prime Harrison any day of the week.

And I'm guessing the comparison has more to do with Harrison being the only other WR than it does "cherry picking."

I salute you for taking a player whose antics were detrimental to the team and got him put on his butt for half a year in his prime.

Not because of any good reason, injury or what have you, just because he's a jerk off. I'll take the player who has class and can act like an adult.

Give me a TO with his head not lodged up his butt then we're not having this conversation and without a doubt I take him too.

That TO probably puts up better numbers than he did put up and would walk from the field after his last game right into the HOF.

Not the actual TO, he deserves to be in no earlier than the second ballot.

Beyond that, .... so out of the eight or so slots for HOF induction one of them always has to be a WR?

I'm not even saying Harrison has to go in before TO, and there are still 14 other qualified guys in my original list.

WR can't possibly be bypassed in favor of those of merit who played another position or filled another role (owner, or coach)?

There are more than eight candidates who didn't play WR, who likely didn't put up the numbers TO did, and still merit being inducted into the HOF instead of TO getting in on his first ballot.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Mark Schlereth over T.O. is this a joke? Schlereth went to 2 Pro Bowls and in 5 out of his 12 seasons he played less than 8 games

No joke. 3 rings as an integral part of his team's O-lines, part of an O-Line that got his RB 2K yards, and being a team player speaks for itself.

Any one of these things on its own is not enough to put anyone in the HOF, all of these things together, more of a case can be made.

Schlereth merits induction to the HOF, as does TO, just neither of them on the first-ballot.

I won't be surprised if TO gets inducted to the HOF on his first ballot, because I understand the HOF is not about class.

I just think it sends the wrong message to young players and kids:

That, in a team sport, if you're good enough it's okay to celebrate selfishness and self above the team and you still end up in the HOF on the first ballot.

Congrats to the HOF voters on making a sound choice. No matter how good you are, and TO was that good, you don't act like a jerk and get in on the first ballot.

No doubt TO belongs in the HOF, hopefully next year the voters do the right thing again and elect TO to the hall.
Wasted his talent by losing some playing time, losing out on better numbers, and being a general A-hole teammate.

Not sure why that is so difficult to wrap your brain around. I love the smarmy and douchey smart assness on display in your post.

His off-field antics had to have played a role in the voters not voting him on the first ballot.

Congrats to the HOF voters on making a sound choice. No matter how good you are, and TO was that good, you don't act like a jerk and get in on the first ballot.

No doubt TO belongs in the HOF, hopefully next year the voters do the right thing again and elect TO to the hall.

Sapp agrees...
I'll be bypassing the 2016 HOF Induction ceremony.

I'll watch Favre's & Eddie's speeches replayed on the net, but stuff watching it live. (Especially Marvin & Dungy)

F**k the Hall.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Feb 6, 2016 at 10:45 PM ]
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:

Sapp agrees...

Sapp is irrelevant to the conversation about TO, but thanks for trying.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Feb 6, 2016 at 8:18 PM ]
TO was great in the game, but Ruined the game from the outside
Sapp is irrelevant to the conversation about TO, but thanks for trying.

How so? ...After all you said it was karma (Magic - Mumbo Jumbo)

Sapp was charged (Later dropped, surprise by his GF) in 2010 before his induction, with domestic violence...

He walked into a First Ballot induction...

Favre has the sexual harassment/sexting issue... He abused painkillers while playing... He jerked teams around with his, will he or won't he retire routine.
First Ballot cakewalk

Karma, Lol KARMA.

Lol TO shouldnt have gotten in first ballot because he was a jerk?

So instead lets put a murderer in ahead of him.
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Feb 6, 2016 at 10:15 PM ]
Terrell Owens is NOT getting in next year. Or ANY year. You guys apparently missed that he didn't even make the cut to the Top 10. There are guys on the voting committee who flat-out refuse to vote for him. Clark Judge, Jason Cole, and Rick Gosselin being 3 of them. They will never, ever vote for him. Owens's only chance to get in is if some of these idiots die soon.

I salute you for taking a player whose antics were detrimental to the team and got him put on his butt for half a year in his prime.

Not because of any good reason, injury or what have you, just because he's a jerk off. I'll take the player who has class and can act like an adult.

Give me a TO with his head not lodged up his butt then we're not having this conversation and without a doubt I take him too.

That TO probably puts up better numbers than he did put up and would walk from the field after his last game right into the HOF.

Not the actual TO, he deserves to be in no earlier than the second ballot.

Beyond that, .... so out of the eight or so slots for HOF induction one of them always has to be a WR?

I'm not even saying Harrison has to go in before TO, and there are still 14 other qualified guys in my original list.

WR can't possibly be bypassed in favor of those of merit who played another position or filled another role (owner, or coach)?

There are more than eight candidates who didn't play WR, who likely didn't put up the numbers TO did, and still merit being inducted into the HOF instead of TO getting in on his first ballot.

No joke. 3 rings as an integral part of his team's O-lines, part of an O-Line that got his RB 2K yards, and being a team player speaks for itself.

Any one of these things on its own is not enough to put anyone in the HOF, all of these things together, more of a case can be made.

Schlereth merits induction to the HOF, as does TO, just neither of them on the first-ballot.

I won't be surprised if TO gets inducted to the HOF on his first ballot, because I understand the HOF is not about class.

I just think it sends the wrong message to young players and kids:

That, in a team sport, if you're good enough it's okay to celebrate selfishness and self above the team and you still end up in the HOF on the first ballot.

Curious: Why do you think the Eagles deactivated Owens in 2005? Be specific.
"lolwut?" nothing. TO was a tremendously talented asshat who will probably get in the HOF one day, but should that be on the first ballot? Hell, no.

I give him props for putting up the numbers that he did in his career and working his arse off to come back from injury to play in Super Bowl XXXIX.

He wasn't the reason the Eagles lost that game and he garnered a lot of admiration from me for his efforts, I just don't think he merits first-ballot entry to the HOF.

I put these guys (and probably more) in the HOF before I put TO in there (if the voters see it differently, who am I to judge):

Brett Favre
Jimmy Johnson
Eddie DeBartolo
Kurt Warner
Orlando Pace
Marvin Harrison
Darren Woodson
Rodney Harrison
Tony Dungy
Bill Cowher
Tom Flores
Terrell Davis
Roger Craig
Mark Schlereth
Daryl Johnston

Moose Johnston: A blocking fullback?

Mark Schlereth: A mediocre guard?

Roger Craig: Homerism aside, what's to separate him from about 30 other good running backs who had a few good years?

Terrell Davis: It was very hard to run well in Denver. Took special talents like Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Reuben Droughns, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell.

Tom Flores: Is Seifert getting in, too?

Bill Cowher: Because he had a lot of good years on one team and won 1 whole Super Bowl?

Tony Dungy: 1 whole Super Bowl with Peyton Manning, and he was a defensive guy who failed when not with Monte Kiffen.

Rodney Harrison: So it's OK to use HGH and intentionally try to injury players?

Marvin Harrison: So it's OK to shoot people? Hard to put up numbers with Peyton Manning. Takes HOF talents like Reggie Wayne and Emmanuel Sanders.

Kurt Warner: 3 1/2 good years = HOF. Couldn't have been the situations he was in responsible.
Originally posted by Jimbutsu:

No problem, he was an a*****e. That specific enough for you? If not you better research on your own.
Originally posted by Jimbutsu:

No problem, he was an a*****e. That specific enough for you? If not you better research on your own.

T.O. was the best Eagles player on the field in their last Super Bowl. He may have been a bad team mate in some ways, but it would be hard to argue that he didn't make every team he was on better. After the first few years, I didn't like the guy personally, but I wanted him on the team because he was a great receiver.

Bottom line: if you're not voting for the receiver who is second all-time in NFL history on the first ballot, you don't deserve to have a vote. I completely agree with Eric Davis - if you didn't vote for him, it's personal and you have no business voting.
Originally posted by crake49:

Bottom line: if you're not voting for the receiver who is second all-time in NFL history on the first ballot, you don't deserve to have a vote. I completely agree with Eric Davis - if you didn't vote for him, it's personal and you have no business voting.

Share 49ersWebzone