There are 226 users in the forums

T.O. Is eligible for the H.O.F.

Shop 49ers game tickets

T.O. Is eligible for the H.O.F.

HOF for being the first troll ever .
It's just not worth debating with some regarding T.O.

Some of us bring up facts (His play on the field, clean record outside of it)...and some bring up opinion on situations that many factors could've had an affect on.

Calling him a Cancer...if a Coach or Organization allows one player to "supposedly" destroy a team....that team had way more issues besides that player...and he is being used as a scape goat.

we have an example being used in this thread with calling on T.O.'s character...in comparison to someone who chased and fired gun shots at someone. Marvin (is Wayne Brady gonna have to kill a Bitc?h) Harrison
Originally posted by Afrikan:
It's just not worth debating with some regarding T.O.

Some of us bring up facts (His play on the field, clean record outside of it)...and some bring up opinion on situations that many factors could've had an affect on.

Calling him a Cancer...if a Coach or Organization allows one player to "supposedly" destroy a team....that team had way more issues besides that player...and he is being used as a scape goat.

we have an example being used in this thread with calling on T.O.'s character...in comparison to someone who chased and fired gun shots at someone. Marvin (is Wayne Brady gonna have to kill a Bitc?h) Harrison
This here^^ Marvin on talent should be in, but it doesn't surprise me that he's not, due to that incident hanging over his head... T.O. has none of that.
lol at basing HOF criteria off someone's personality. TO gets a lot of crap for his personality but the truth is he never had any criminal or drugs issues while he was playing. Not a lot of HOFs, let alone current players can say the same.
Originally posted by IEAD:
lol at basing HOF criteria off someone's personality. TO gets a lot of crap for his personality but the truth is he never had any criminal or drugs issues while he was playing. Not a lot of HOFs, let alone current players can say the same.

Great point. If ability and accomplishments are the only criteria, then TO should definitely be accepted in the first round. But if off-field, attitude, etc is taken into consideration, then possibly no. If Charles Haley made it to the hall with all what he did in the locker room, training room, and parking lot (lol), then TO should be voted in without a doubt. Michael Irvin knifed a teammate over him not wanting to wait for a haircut, and he's in the hall too.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Yes, TO is eligible for the HOF. Is he one of the top eight among those who should make it this year? No.

A major talent and an even bigger arse who ultimately wasted his talent. Should he get in one day? Maybe, but that's for the voters to decide.

lolwut?

5th in all-time TDs, 2nd in receiving yards. His career is on par with Randy Moss and is one of the best three WR to ever play this game. Lot's of me-first guys make it into the HOF. It's about talent and contributions on the football field. TO is a no-brainer.

"lolwut?" nothing. TO was a tremendously talented asshat who will probably get in the HOF one day, but should that be on the first ballot? Hell, no.

I give him props for putting up the numbers that he did in his career and working his arse off to come back from injury to play in Super Bowl XXXIX.

He wasn't the reason the Eagles lost that game and he garnered a lot of admiration from me for his efforts, I just don't think he merits first-ballot entry to the HOF.

I put these guys (and probably more) in the HOF before I put TO in there (if the voters see it differently, who am I to judge):

Brett Favre
Jimmy Johnson
Eddie DeBartolo
Kurt Warner
Orlando Pace
Marvin Harrison
Darren Woodson
Rodney Harrison
Tony Dungy
Bill Cowher
Tom Flores
Terrell Davis
Roger Craig
Mark Schlereth
Daryl Johnston

He's one of the best three WRs of all-time and is in the top 5 of all-time TDs. Being an asshat isn't one of the criteria for voting. The guy was a monster on the field and his stats prove it. He's as no-brainer as a first-balloter. And I would love to see why you think Marvin Harrison is more qualified for the HOF.

TO is definitely first ballot worthy. Whether he will get the vote or not, that's not the question. He definitely deserves it. Marvin Harrison had 20-25 more catches, but Owens with less catches not only had about 1500 more yards, he had 25 more touchdowns for a total of 153 -- 3rd in NFL History. On top of that, Peyton Manning wasn't his QB all those years. In Rice-like fashion, he never seemed to wear down either. In his last season, he had 983 yards and 9 TDs in 14 games. Statistically speaking, Owens especially destroys Harrison when you look at that disparity in touchdowns.
In his prime I have yet to see such a maxed out beast.

Extremely strong , extremely fast. Had the size.

Imo

TO in his prime > Calvin Johnson / Andre Johnson.

Just look back at the playoff game with Garcia,the ny giants and watch T.O. overvome that 38-14 deficit and WIN the game .
1st ballot and not even sure why its a question lol. I hated the mf guts but dude's production and work ethic is rediculous. He and Randy are my 2 best behind Jerry. Im saying this being completely impartial.

Just wondering with what team though? Me personally, cant hold a grudge forever. Id be open to him eating some crow, squashing it with us and retiring a 9er.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Marvin (is Wayne Brady gonna have to kill a Bitc?h) Harrison

Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
1st ballot and not even sure why its a question lol. I hated the mf guts but dude's production and work ethic is rediculous. He and Randy are my 2 best behind Jerry. Im saying this being completely impartial.

Just wondering with what team though? Me personally, cant hold a grudge forever. Id be open to him eating some crow, squashing it with us and retiring a 9er.
TO should be in as a Niner but he may prefer being a Cowboy because they're America's team

5th in the history of the NFL for overall TDs.
2nd in the history of the NFL for receiving yards.
3rd in the history of the NFL for receiving TDs.

First ballot no doubter.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
5th in the history of the NFL for overall TDs.
2nd in the history of the NFL for receiving yards.
3rd in the history of the NFL for receiving TDs.

First ballot no doubter.

and if he were given another chance that needed a WR... I think he would've moved up in one or two of those stats.

he was able to have a 1000 yard season with F'n Trent Edwards and other Bills sub QBs...lol

edit- and yes I've read that he's trying to catch on with the Cowgirls with Dez being hurt... I want him back in the league...but man.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 21, 2015 at 7:05 PM ]
What if he suits up for the cowboys this season
easy first ballot, no question.
Dats my Quarterback
Share 49ersWebzone