LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Should we have released aldon smith ?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should we have released aldon smith ?

As a long time niner fan I'm royalty pissed aldon will be suiting up this Sunday in a raider uniform . The owenership and management we have now makes me wanna puke .
Yeah, this needed its own thread.
A little late to the party
Aldon very much so deserved to be cut. He is a repeat offender and his production dropped drastically when he was on the field.
where's the outrage with our management ? Since when did niner fans just nod to bad decisions and move on ? Gore goes and people on here say nothing , Crabtree gone and hardly a whisper . Anyone who doesn't understand why I started this tread needs some reminders to what builds a dynasty . The raiders just got our sack leader over the last 4 years wake up people ! Hell next year Kap will be let go and you guys on here will just bah like the sheep you are . True niner fans please speak out against this insanity or it will never end .
Yes.

Next thread.
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
The raiders just got our sack leader over the last 4 years .

He hasnt been the sack leader in 2 years as a result of his own decisions. Doesnt matter how good a player is if he cant stay out on the field. Josh Gordon is another example.

Odds are he gets arrested yet again in the not so distant future.

There is a whole thread to discuss this ex-49er in NFL Talk. Might be a good place to take this discussion.
No, especially if I know he'll be available to another team.

Never give up a competitive edge, even if he was going to be suspended/banned/whatever, eek out the games you can. Pass rush is essential to an elite team.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
No, especially if I know he'll be available to another team.

Never give up a competitive edge, even if he was going to be suspended/banned/whatever, eek out the games you can. Pass rush is essential to an elite team.

We didn't screw Aldon, Aldon screwed Aldon.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
As a long time niner fan I'm royalty pissed aldon will be suiting up this Sunday in a raider uniform . The owenership and management we have now makes me wanna puke .

Come on man.

He simply couldn't stay.

It's like your girl cheats on you 3 times (but she is really hot)

Got to let go man...let go

where's the outrage with our management ? Since when did niner fans just nod to bad decisions and move on ? Gore goes and people on here say nothing , Crabtree gone and hardly a whisper . Anyone who doesn't understand why I started this tread needs some reminders to what builds a dynasty . The raiders just got our sack leader over the last 4 years wake up people ! Hell next year Kap will be let go and you guys on here will just bah like the sheep you are . True niner fans please speak out against this insanity or it will never end .

Uhh, I still own my Gore jersy... sniff I miss Frank "THE TANK" Gore
Aldon was in great shape this off season and determined to make an impact . Yes he has problems , we should have helped him through his problems .Aldon will need to be accounted for by any offence , we have no one on the line that scares anybody .Aldon will have more sacks this year then any niner , we gift wrapped him to raiders .Aldon would have made us better is the bottom line and niner fans need to speak out !Are we just going to stand by and allow our beloved niners to fall into nfl mush ?If Aldon playing for the raiders doesn't piss you off then you aren't a true niner fan , your a freakin poser sellout period and need to watch tennis or golf .
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Aldon was in great shape this off season and determined to make an impact . Yes he has problems , we should have helped him through his problems .Aldon will need to be accounted for by any offence , we have no one on the line that scares anybody .Aldon will have more sacks this year then any niner , we gift wrapped him to raiders .Aldon would have made us better is the bottom line and niner fans need to speak out !Are we just going to stand by and allow our beloved niners to fall into nfl mush ?If Aldon playing for the raiders doesn't piss you off then you aren't a true niner fan , your a freakin poser sellout period and need to watch tennis or golf .

I am not pissed.
I am not co-dependent.
I wish him well.
I have moved on.
Your litmus test of a "true" miner fan could use better formula.

Cheers.
Yes. The guy was given one last chance and blew it. He knew he was on zero tolerance, and still chose to drive drunk. 100% idiot, didn't learn a thing.

Imagine what happens if we're paying him a $100 mil contract to serve suspensions. Completely throws off our cap and roster management. NO THANKS.

I wish him the best, but he can revive his career (and life), elsewhere.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
why did i know someone would start this thing? its just another no so subtle effort to take shots at the front office, oh by the way the answer is yes. we backed him more than he deserved it. he continued to bite the hand that fed hi,. it reached a point where the team had to say "when". oh and for those of you who expressed shock and awe he was signed and was available to another team, that is your own fault. you knew someone would give him a chance and since the nfl had not come down on him yet , pending the outcome of his hearing or trial or whatever it is,, you should have know he could play right away. that is your own fault and something you can not blame the front office for. our team was in a no win. we keep him, we would get ripped by everyone and posters here shrilling the win with class thing,, we cut him and now some are expressing outrage, you can not have it both ways and in the end aldon simply burned to many bridges and he wore out his welcome. it would not be the first time someone wore out their welcome around here.. oh i am sorry but i do not take anyone seriously if they tell you they would have been happy if aldon stayed, played about four games and then get banned for the rest of the season. oh yea, right, that would have went over great with the front office , jt hating crowd here
Share 49ersWebzone