LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Spygate 2015 - Damn Cheats....

Shop 49ers game tickets
If the NFl wasnt just a 45 billion dollar greedy ass corporation that sweeps all its bad publicity and problems under the rug they would take away their 4 trophies. Like they needed any help all these years playing with the Dolphins, Bills and Jets and guaranteed walk right into the AFC Championship game. Win division get first round bye, get 2nd game at home. Not saying Brady and Belichick arent great but did they really need to cheat to put them over the top? Even if they punish them whats 250k to guys work nearly a billion. What's a 2nd round draft pick when you already won 4 sb's and a 100 games in that span? Might be my last year or 2 with this corrupt business. I've opened my eyes and realized how the rest of the corporations act in the US maybe it's time to do the same for the NFL. If I had any other hobbies and didnt marry the NFL when I was 8 I would have moved on long ago. I put too much of my life into the NFL and wish I started other hobbies when I was young.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2015 at 3:04 AM ]
So would it be wrong to seriously believe that after all this covering up & hiding sht by Goodell, that quite possibly having one of the worst known officials, Jerome Boger & his crew, ref your good buddy Steve Buschotti's Super Bowl game may not have been as "random" as it was made out to be? It's something viewed by many as insignificant yet turned out to be something that clearly impacted that game. (that & the Niners playing with the urgency of a preseason game in the first half)
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Sep 9, 2015 at 6:44 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Dude, the NFL is slanted no matter how you slice it. The term "Katrina Call" didn't invent itself. It has been this way for a while but seems to have become worse.

Not everything is above board and even on the ticket, they make sure to write "Entertainment Event", not "Sporting"; otherwise, you would see governmental oversight. And they do NOT want that.
Geezus, the anti-Pat's people will come up with whatever BS they can in their feeble attempts to diminish this Pat's run (01-present).

Steelers, Rams, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, Bills.

All these teams have lost to the Patriots in either big games or just have lost to them far too often.

Of course the Patriots have their share of haters out to seize upon any BS innuendo in a clear attempt to cover up their own inadequacies.

Had the 49ers lost to the Patriots in the SB I would probably be singing a different tune, but until that happens all I see are the sourest of grapes on the part of people/organizations who got the short end of the stick.

ESPN and the NFL are both far from credible organizations, much of what they report/say can basically be dismissed.
Kinda like a team lets say they are named the seagulls. They sign their division rivals' free agents solely to gain Intel on playbooks play calling style and signals.

Are they labeled as cheaters?
Watching NFL Network this morning, and Willie McGinest (ex Patriot of course) outright said "well if the opposing team leaves their plays in the locker room, it's THEIR fault." So what I get out of that is....it's not OUR fault we got the plays, even though we shouldn't have been in the opposing team's locker room in the first place. And it really didn't seam like he's denying any of it.

And again, for all those brady fans thinking this doesn't tarnish his career...wrong. They weren't proven they were NOT guilty of anything. Also, look at the Superbowls the pats won. Were any of them due to what brady did, or were they really wins because of his KICKER, or the other team making bonehead plays. Tom never had a winning drive,,,he just sat on the bench and watched.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Geezus, the anti-Pat's people will come up with whatever BS they can in their feeble attempts to diminish this Pat's run (01-present).

Steelers, Rams, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, Bills.

All these teams have lost to the Patriots in either big games or just have lost to them far too often.

Of course the Patriots have their share of haters out to seize upon any BS innuendo in a clear attempt to cover up their own inadequacies.

Had the 49ers lost to the Patriots in the SB I would probably be singing a different tune, but until that happens all I see are the sourest of grapes on the part of people/organizations who got the short end of the stick.

ESPN and the NFL are both far from credible organizations, much of what they report/say can basically be dismissed.
So you didn't see the Tuck Rule? Raider fans have a glaringly obvious complaint. That ish came outta nowhere. Raiders were jobbed after having flown thousands of miles coast to coast to play in the snow only to get jobbed at the end on some fluky ish. I get their complaint
This is absolutely rich!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/09/08/just-robert-kraft-yukking-it-up-with-the-deflategate-judge-at-a-hamptons-party/

A federal judge who makes $150,000 happens to get invited to a very exclusive hamptons millionaire and billionaire party. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The pats have gigantic balls man. They know they can do anything they want and no one will do a dam thing about it.
Pats gave a middle finger to the NFL for 10 years and Goodell shoved it up his own pooper.
Still got rings. People are just jelly

Originally posted by Escobar:
if we find out that the Pats somehow knew about that Malcolm Butler play before it happened.... that's gonna be more annoying than if Seattle had actually won

They claimed that they practiced against that exact play because Belichick's consigliere came to the conclusion that Seattle would run it late in the game.
New England allegedly was videotaping Peyton Manning's hand signals when he was the Colts quarterback.

The Colts are mentioned several times in the report, including the following:

• Walsh recalls the time he was asked to cheat against Indianapolis.

"The cameramen's assignments differed depending on the opponent. For instance, Walsh told investigators that against Indianapolis he was directed to take close-ups of the Colts' offensive signals, then of Peyton Manning's hand signals. Mostly, though, the (other) tapes were of defensive signals.

"Each video sequence would usually include three shots: the down and distance, the signal, and, as an in-house joke, a tight shot of a cheerleader's top or skirt. The tape was then often edited, sources say, so that (they) contained only the signals, in rapid fire, one after another."

• Former Colts GM Bill Polian confirms that several teams complained that the Patriots were taping signals of their coaches during the 2006 NFL season.

"In November 2006, Green Bay Packers security officials caught (video assistant) Matt Estrella shooting unauthorized footage at Lambeau Field. When asked what he was doing, according to notes from the Senate investigation of Spygate that had not previously been disclosed, Estrella said he was with Kraft Productions and was taping panoramic shots of the stadium.

"He was removed by Packers security. That same year, according to former Colts GM Bill Polian, who served for years on the competition committee and is now an analyst for ESPN, several teams complained that the Patriots had videotaped signals of their coaches. And so the Patriots — and the rest of the NFL — were warned again, in writing, before the 2007 season," that videotaping opponents was illegal.

• NFL commissioner Roger Goodell admitted in a private meeting that the Patriots began their taping operation in 2000 and notes from those tapings were destroyed beginning as early as 2002.

"I wish the evidence had not been destroyed because at least we would know what had been done," Polian said. "Lack of specificity just leads to speculation, and that serves no one's purpose — the Patriots included."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/09/09/espn-report-patriots-cheated-colts-deflategate/71875228/
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
So you didn't see the Tuck Rule? Raider fans have a glaringly obvious complaint. That ish came outta nowhere. Raiders were jobbed after having flown thousands of miles coast to coast to play in the snow only to get jobbed at the end on some fluky ish. I get their complaint

Yeah, the Raiders got jobbed in that game, I understand their and their fan's gripes.

I frequently have issue with the Ref's and bad rules, and Ref's being able to hide behind bad rules.

I hate the "Well a rule is a rule, even when it's a bad rule." excuse.

That gripe is one that cannot be argued against, the NFL screwed the Raiders in that game.
If anything it makes him look like an even better coach somewhat because he knows the ins and outs of the game and its loopholes.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Yeah, the Raiders got jobbed in that game, I understand their and their fan's gripes.

I frequently have issue with the Ref's and bad rules, and Ref's being able to hide behind bad rules.

I hate the "Well a rule is a rule, even when it's a bad rule." excuse.

That gripe is one that cannot be argued against, the NFL screwed the Raiders in that game.

Wait, what the crap??? You hate the "well a rule is a rule" ...excuse????

What were the referees supposed to do? Not enforce the rules the way they were written?

The Raiders were not screwed on that call. That's a fact. Terrible post.
Share 49ersWebzone