LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Friction between Colts front office and head coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Immature owner leads to questionable GM leads to stupid beef with coach.

Its a love story.

It's only the same love story if Pagano wants all the power for himself

Although, Pagano too has a brother in the NFL coaching ranks.
The key factor will be Chudzinski. Will he be the next HC and does he look like a legendary adult performer?
[ Edited by zonkers on Sep 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
isn't this the same kind of speculation we went thought last year that everybody said was made up BS by the media? does PFT only print factual articles when they aren't about the 9ers?

I don't know if it's accurate or not with the Colts, but based on how everything went down with us, I was definitely wrong to call the reports BS. I still think if there was any locker room friction, the players who had the beef were in the minority (at the time of the report). The friction between the front office and the HC at the time was clearly another story. We will see what comes of this. I definitely feel bad for Frank Gore. It seemed like a logical fit. I do believe if their defense can just be average this season, then the Colts should do fine in the regular season.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I don't know if it's accurate or not with the Colts, but based on how everything went down with us, I was definitely wrong to call the reports BS. I still think if there was any locker room friction, the players who had the beef were in the minority (at the time of the report). The friction between the front office and the HC at the time was clearly another story. We will see what comes of this. I definitely feel bad for Frank Gore. It seemed like a logical fit. I do believe if their defense can just be average this season, then the Colts should do fine in the regular season.

Therein lies the problem. It's unlikely their defense can. I'd be pissed if I were Pagano.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I dunno if Pagano is the right man for the job, (he's a former DC and the Colts defense blows), but Grigson has done a terrible job of building that roster.

It seems like Phillip Dorsett is getting the AJ Jenkins comparisons.
Think he'll Harbaugh it and tank the season ?

Naw, I'm sure he isn't that low of a person.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

you think they fire him then hire Harbaugh ?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I think he's inferring Harbaugh's resistance to changed to help the team improve; allowing opponents to capitalize on stale game plans and piss poor play calling.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I think he's inferring Harbaugh's resistance to changed to help the team improve; allowing opponents to capitalize on stale game plans and piss poor play calling.
Im Talmbout that bullsht fuvkin rbragging rights raider game over there chopping it up with Al Davis Jr instead of annihilating them like we were supposed to.

Talmbout not game planning for the seahawks ,a team that embarrassed the squad all year. NO TYPE OF GAMEPLAN! ALL YEAR!!

Im Talking about not using Frank Gore when we had him.

I'm talking about facing a team next to last in run defense ,yet we go empty set ,all passing all the time.
I'll be more than happy to loan Kawakami to the Indy media, he's already beating off to this.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 17, 2015 at 9:04 PM ]
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000539306/article/chuck-pagano-has-doubts-hell-return-to-colts-in-2016

This year's version of the 2014 Niners. Only difference is Harbaugh never verbalized anything publicly about the possibility of leaving until after the fact of his "mutual parting" with the team.

Alabama has come back to earth the last few years and the present dynasty may be history. Can he start another run? Does he want to prove to everyone that he can win in the NFL? Are we looking at the beginning of Pete Carroll 2?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Alabama has come back to earth the last few years and the present dynasty may be history. Can he start another run? Does he want to prove to everyone that he can win in the NFL? Are we looking at the beginning of Pete Carroll 2?

No, Saban is a bigger control freak than Harbaugh. Unless Grigson is fired too, they won't be able to swing a deal.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Well it certainly seems like there could be a repeat of the Baalke-Harbaugh divorce brewing with Indy. All the telltale signs are there including setting the bar of "Super Bowl or bust" pretty much like York did in early 2014. Hmmm... see it's not just unique to the 49ers.
The difference there is that onwership has a proven track record of success, this one doesn't. This ownership couldn't even get a stadium built until the coach got it for them.

Gee, he had 4th and 5th stringers playing yet was a couple of bad ref calls from being in the playoffs. You need to stop lapping and lay off the bong buddy lol.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I dunno if Pagano is the right man for the job, (he's a former DC and the Colts defense blows), but Grigson has done a terrible job of building that roster.

It seems like Phillip Dorsett is getting the AJ Jenkins comparisons.

He was the hotshot personnel guy that everyone wanted but dude has just been mediocre. A franchise QB gets handed to him and in 4 seasons he hasn't been able to put together a halfway decent OL and defense. Lots of bad FA signings, blown draft picks(1st traded for Trent Richardson), he's been kind of iffy.

I liked Dorsett coming out in the draft but when you have Hilton, Moncrief and Andre Johnson, is a first round receiver really a need, even if you weren't sure that you could bring back Hilton, you could have taken a guy like Lockett or any number of receivers a round later. Instead of Dorsett they could have had Damarious Randall who has looked good for Green Bay, Jalen Collins or traded down for a guy like Tartt or Rowe because their safeties are turrible.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 4, 2015 at 4:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone