LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

The Official Jordan Devey (Rhymes with Levee) Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by captveg:
I don't expect him to be more than average at best. But the RG position depth has not panned out as hoped with the younger players SF has drafted, so the time to fret over it is over. Gotta play the games and see how it shakes out.

I see RT and RG as the top two picks in SF draft next year, easy, along with 1-2 FA pickups.

I think we need proven players, so FA is a must. We've drafted 5 OL the last few years and only one will be starting....due to an actual starter being hurt.
Originally posted by Elijah:
I'm a Pats fan and I registered just because I had to let you guys know what you might be in for. I generally shoot down any and all PFF figures, but this time, they might have been onto something. I've called Devey the worst player I've ever seen multiple times, and while that may be an exaggeration since I watch a lot of preseason, I can't begin to stress how dysfunctional the offensive line always seemed to be when he was in. Who knows, maybe he'll do well in your scheme, and I'd be happy for the guy. But I would be very worried about him being named the starter; he was named our starter this time last year and was a main culprit in the offensive struggles weeks 1-3.

Thanks for your input. I expect more of the same. Hope I'm wrong, I want the guy to perform well, but him being a starter is worrisome.
Originally posted by Elijah:
I'm a Pats fan and I registered just because I had to let you guys know what you might be in for. I generally shoot down any and all PFF figures, but this time, they might have been onto something. I've called Devey the worst player I've ever seen multiple times, and while that may be an exaggeration since I watch a lot of preseason, I can't begin to stress how dysfunctional the offensive line always seemed to be when he was in. Who knows, maybe he'll do well in your scheme, and I'd be happy for the guy. But I would be very worried about him being named the starter; he was named our starter this time last year and was a main culprit in the offensive struggles weeks 1-3.

Thanks man. As SF fans we just dream of the day Kaepernick has 15 seconds in the pocket to film a movie scene. Seriously. Your worst is probably our best. But this helps set up realistic expectations for sure.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 1, 2015 at 6:46 PM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Jordan Devey played 306 snaps in 2014 (RG: 197 LG: 109) and allowed 1 sack (Week 3 vs OAK) + 3 hits / 9 hurries.

Starter
Week 1: 0 sacks / 0 hits / 6 hurries
Week 2: 0 sacks / 0 hits / 1 hurry
Week 3: 1 sack / 0 hits / 1 hurry
Week 7: 0 sacks / 3 hits / 1 hurry

Backup
Week 5: 0 sacks / 0 hits / 0 hurries
Week 6: 0 sacks / 0 hits / 0 hurries

RG Week 1, 2, 3, 5
LG Week 6, 7

These are lies. It's all made up. I'm not even going to watch games because we suck so bad it's not funny. Wow we suck. The OL is awful. Devey isn't Anthony Davis so therefore all other offensive linemen suck. It's over. The season is over. Everyone in the NFL is laughing.

They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you!

Apart from week 1 those figures look pretty good.

Snap Count

Week 1: 64
Week 2: 67
Week 3: 62
Week 5: 4
Week 6: 49
Week 7: 60
What teams was he playing against?

devy is cool for standing up for his qb
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

I've seen far worse personal foul penalties

I can't even tell you the last time I saw a Niner OL help CK up let alone scrap for him. I love it.
is it just me or does Brady flop in the end?
Originally posted by Buckethead:
is it just me or does Brady flop in the end?

Yes he does. LMAO
Originally posted by NCommand:

I can't even tell you the last time I saw a Niner OL help CK up let alone scrap for him. I love it.

Yeah staley and Boone don't take s**t
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

Good call. Totally forgot about that one.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

This game was one of the few times Kap had quality pass protection for 4 quarters. He threw for 400+ yards FROM THE POCKET.
I'm sorry but I'm incapable of seeing the word "levee" and not thinking of the Zeppelin.... Hopefully the song title is not a harbinger of his performance with us.

Originally posted by Niners816:
I'm sorry but I'm incapable of seeing the word "levee" and not thinking of the Zeppelin.... Hopefully the song title is not a harbinger of his performance with us.

Was thinking the same thing when I typed it LOL...I see the word levee, and think Zeppelin.
Share 49ersWebzone