LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Marcus Rush

Shop 49ers game tickets
I checked out his game Michigan state vs Nebraska on YouTube...dude has some talent.
He has 2 games to prove himself.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Call me crazy, but i could see rush developing into and playing pat willis' position.

His body fits inside more than outside, although he does show ability outside--but it think what hes shown is more based on competitive fire than anything.
I would try rush inside.
I went back and reviewed every one of his snaps against Dallas. He played the entire second half.

Flashed good quickness and athleticism and ability to stay balanced even when punched. Hussle sack. Drops back in coverage alot. Played both sides. Slippery when tackling. Aggressive. Throwing a tackle on the ground. Violent slap-down and swim move. Almost had 2 sacks. He flashes. Nice outside-inside move and turns hips well while maintaining his balance. Great motor. Relentless.

Like Eli, just needs to add weight in run support and can get washed out. He also can be blocked out on a rush if he doesn't win the first move.

Right now I see him as ideal for the Skuta role more than the SAM backup.

I'd like to see Lynch-Lemonier at the SAM and Harold-Rush at the WILL.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 28, 2015 at 8:40 AM ]
Originally posted by xcfan:
Call me crazy, but i could see rush developing into and playing pat willis' position.

His body fits inside more than outside, although he does show ability outside--but it think what hes shown is more based on competitive fire than anything.
I would try rush inside.
i hope he does..i see some potential
Originally posted by NCommand:
I went back and reviewed every one of his snaps against Dallas. He played the entire second half.

Flashed good quickness and athleticism and ability to stay balanced even when punched. Great motor. Hussle sack. Drops back in coverage alot. Played both sides. Slippery when takeling. Aggressive. Throwing tackles on the ground. Violent slap-down and swim move. Almost had 2 sacks. He flashes. Nice outside-inside move and turns hips well while maintaining his balance. Great motor. Relentless.

Like Eli, just needs to add weight in run support and can get washed out.

Right now I see him as ideal for the Skuta role more than the SAM backup.

I'd like to see Lynch-Lemonier at the SAM and Harold-Rush at the WILL.

wait you can't make Lemonier without Lemon! I thought Lemon had a decent game, I wouldn't count him out just yet.
Originally posted by socalniner:
wait you can't make Lemonier without Lemon! I thought Lemon had a decent game, I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Watched him too but he is a wider body. Played OK. 1 decent sack opportunity. Rush flashed way more in every facet.
Originally posted by MikeD:
It was just one game though. Was he good in college?

7.5 sacks last season and 10 tackles for a loss he was pretty good in college.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by MikeD:
It was just one game though. Was he good in college?

7.5 sacks last season and 10 tackles for a loss he was pretty good in college.

Yep, pretty productive player on a very good defense. Stock was low because of his advanced age (already 24) and height/weight (6'2", 247).

Watched him too but he is a wider body. Played OK. 1 decent sack opportunity. Rush flashed way more in every facet.

Would definitely take Rush over Lemon just based on potential. Lemon is already 27 and hasn't had success anywhere other than the CFL.

Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Would definitely take Rush over Lemon just based on potential. Lemon is already 27 and hasn't had success anywhere other than the CFL.

Agreed. Still a couple weeks to shine though.

Agreed. Still a couple weeks to shine though.

Yep.

They're very similar players when it comes down to it. Both about 6'2", 250. Lemon had 7 sacks as a senior at Akron. Rush had 7.5 sacks as a senior at MSU.

Like you said, they have 2 weeks to separate themselves, but Lemon is at a handicap because of his age.
How many olb do we keep? He has a real shot.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
How many olb do we keep? He has a real shot.

4 probably. His chances are pretty much entirely dependent on Brooks' fate.
Yep.

They're very similar players when it comes down to it. Both about 6'2", 250. Lemon had 7 sacks as a senior at Akron. Rush had 7.5 sacks as a senior at MSU.

Like you said, they have 2 weeks to separate themselves, but Lemon is at a handicap because of his age.

Truth!
Share 49ersWebzone