LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Cris Carter advising rookies on how to cover up crime.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jonnydel:

It was like he was trying to remind these guys that they have a lot more to lose than the guys who want to follow them around, and unless those guys are willing to sacrifice just as much as they will lose, don't hang with them.

He talked about protecting their "brand" and if those guys want to hang out with you, "they're gonna be the one driving, they're gonna be the one with the drugs" - inferring that these guys are gonna wanna hang out with these rookies, but that those rooks have the nice cars to drive, have the money to buy the drugs, these other guys don't - they're(the NFL players) are the ones who are being put as the "fall guy" for their crew.

Exactly how I understood it the first time I heard it, which feels like a long ass time ago.

CC wasn't endorsing crime as much as he was reminding the guys that he knows they're still gonna kick it with their "crews" when that's typically already bad news.

I'll tell you who this talk was NOT intended for: Chris Borland. Or anyone else from a privileged background that has nothing to fear when returning home.
Originally posted by kray28:
It's actually pretty good advice. LOL.

Yea I mean didn't Tom Brady have a couple fall guys?
Originally posted by judodono:
Exactly how I understood it the first time I heard it, which feels like a long ass time ago.

CC wasn't endorsing crime as much as he was reminding the guys that he knows they're still gonna kick it with their "crews" when that's typically already bad news.

I'll tell you who this talk was NOT intended for: Chris Borland. Or anyone else from a privileged background that has nothing to fear when returning home.

All billionaires have fall guys. When a corporation Fs up the fall guy gets it
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Still wasn't the right thing to say. The message to the rookies should never change. Ever. Yeah, I know, it's as boring as freak. It's the same boring missive that came from Nancy Reagan and her advice on drugs: "Just say no."

But saying "stay out of trouble" is still the responsible move and I know, deep down inside, that you agree.

Just my worthless two pennies on the issue.
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
Chris carter was speaking the truth. He was directing that comment to the kids in the inter city. People need to relax. If aldon had a fall guy/driver he would still be in the league .

Not to fault your screen name, but like many Niner fans, I've got a big problem with T.O. Yes, he will forever be remembered for beating the hated Packers when it counted. That pass and catch from Young to Owens is one of the greatest in Niner history. But he also abandoned us when we really needed him. And I will always remember him for what he is in my mind: a traitor.

And, I disagree with you. Aldon had MANY issues with the law. If it had been one or two, "oh well," we would say. But even a "fall guy" wouldn't have saved Aldon from falling off that cliff. That's what fall guys are for. Fall guys not only "take the blame," they keep the name out of trouble. They prevent trouble from happening.

Aldon was trouble. Day in, day out, Aldon was trouble.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Still wasn't the right thing to say. The message to the rookies should never change. Ever. Yeah, I know, it's as boring as freak. It's the same boring missive that came from Nancy Reagan and her advice on drugs: "Just say no."

But saying "stay out of trouble" is still the responsible move and I know, deep down inside, that you agree.

Just my worthless two pennies on the issue.

I'm just fooling around. The advice should have been stay away from trouble you have a target as a pro athlete. Don't trust these women don't trust these random joes.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Oh noooo, "Our Society shouldn't allow Billionaires to get away with actions that are illegal. Sometimes I despair for the future...."
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Aug 26, 2015 at 12:10 AM ]
Chris carter was speaking the truth. He was directing that comment to the kids in the inter city. People need to relax. If aldon had a fall guy/driver he would still be in the league .
Aldon had MANY issues with the law. If it had been one or two, "oh well," we would say. But even a "fall guy" wouldn't have saved Aldon from falling off that cliff. That's what fall guys are for. Fall guys not only "take the blame," they keep the name out of trouble. They prevent trouble from happening.

I can agree w that position, not sure even a "fall guy" wouldve helped Aldon unfortunately.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
cover up crime, lol

Now that's the Chris Carter I have always felt he was hiding on TV.

I hope ESPN drop kicks him.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Aldon had MANY issues with the law. If it had been one or two, "oh well," we would say. But even a "fall guy" wouldn't have saved Aldon from falling off that cliff. That's what fall guys are for. Fall guys not only "take the blame," they keep the name out of trouble. They prevent trouble from happening.

I can agree w that position, not sure even a "fall guy" wouldve helped Aldon unfortunately.
it wouldnt

he purchased the guns
he made the comment in the airport
he crashed the car alone

Seeing some of the comments in here from posters about actual real life and then seeing the same posters and what they say in the NT all makes sense
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

it wouldnt

he purchased the guns
he made the comment in the airport
he crashed the car alone

This x 1000000.........................
Good advice.
it happens, not just in the pro's and college ...back in the 80's , me and the other seniors on our HS football team had underclassmen follow us around , and when one of us was accused of "smoking a cigarette", "playing pranks on the teachers " or other dumb $hit that like, the younger kids would take the blame for us , and would gladly do it ...
Originally posted by crake49:
And this guy has the nerve to judge Jerry Rice. Give me a break. What a dick.

Agreed.

How about they, I dont know...NOT COMMIT CRIMES? That would be the best way to avoid getting negative press. And you wouldnt need a "fall guy".
Share 49ersWebzone