There are 179 users in the forums

Cris Carter advising rookies on how to cover up crime.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
A former NFL player who is in the Hall of Fame and covers the league for ESPN advised rookies at a league orientation event last year to 'have a fall guy' who would be willing to go to jail for them. Ex-wide receiver Cris Carter was a speaker at the 2014 Rookie Symposium and the comments he made while addressing NFC rookies alongside Hall of Famer Warren Sapp were recorded on video. They came to light when Chris Borland, who retired because of concussion concerns after being drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the third round last year, mentioned them during an interview.

During the orientation event, Carter, who was wearing his Hall of Fame blazer at the time, said: 'In case y'all not going to decide to do the right thing.

'If y'all got a crew, you got to have a fall guy in the crew.'

Sapp, who apparently did not have a 'fall guy' for himself during his post-Super Bowl arrest for soliciting and assaulting prostitutes, began laughing and took a seat. Carter then brought Teddy Bridgewater, a rookie quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings last season, up on stage and used him as an example.

He continued: 'Because all you guys aren't going to do the right stuff.

'I need to teach to you how to get around all of this stuff too.

'If you all have a crew, one of those fools got to know, he's the one going to jail.

'We'll get him out.'

Sapp repeated, 'We'll get him out.'

Bridgewater sheepishly confirmed he would have a guy and Carter let him take a seat.

Carted added: 'I know a lot of you aren't going to drink.

'I know a lot of you aren't going to use drugs and that you are going to go to bible study...

'I realize that. But still get yourself a fall guy.

'Make sure they understand, can't nothing happen to you.

'Your name can 't be in lights, under no circumstances.'

Link...
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Guess Aldon didn't pay attention.... But, that may have required also having a designated driver...
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Guess Aldon didn't pay attention.... But, that may have required also having a designated driver...

Lol
  • lazy
  • Veteran
And this guy has the nerve to judge Jerry Rice. Give me a break. What a dick.
Originally posted by crake49:

But he didn't use stickum though
I can't wait unti someone asks him who his fall guy was and for what exactly.
cover up crime, lol
Wonder if Carter has a Fall Guy lined up for this one, or if the Mothership will take action....

I used to respect CC, but it's gone now.

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by crake49:

But he didn't use stickum though

Naw, just cocain... During games, on the Eagles.
Poor judgment on Cris Carter's part, but let's not pretend like athletes don't already do this (or just wealthy people in general).

The headline should be changed to "Cris Carter Breaks the First Rule of Fight Club."
[ Edited by baltien on Aug 25, 2015 at 1:41 AM ]
I love how the NFL completely disagrees with Carter's comments even though they left the video up on their website for over a year lol
Dont have a problem w what he said, players in most leagues i can guess already practice this. Too bad Aldon wasnt listening.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Aug 24, 2015 at 3:37 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Cris Carter and Warren Sapp giving advice to rookies..........
Share 49ersWebzone