LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Update on Marcus lattimore

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol yup. Harbaugh was right. The only reason why NCAA want to call them "student athletes" is because otherwise they would stand to lose millions and lots of people in high places would be getting pay cuts.

The part I'm concerned with is good old Title IX and all of the lawsuits that would start.

They would probably end up having to pay every "Student Athlete", regardless of the Sport they participate in.

That would add up to a bunch of money. The Capitalist part of me has no problem paying Athletes that participate in a Sport that brings in money, but not the ones that already lose money. (and I don't believe in the "Equality" and "Fair" BS out there that would end up being forced on the Colleges and Universities)

Should high schoolers be paid also ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol yup. Harbaugh was right. The only reason why NCAA want to call them "student athletes" is because otherwise they would stand to lose millions and lots of people in high places would be getting pay cuts.

The part I'm concerned with is good old Title IX and all of the lawsuits that would start.

They would probably end up having to pay every "Student Athlete", regardless of the Sport they participate in.

That would add up to a bunch of money. The Capitalist part of me has no problem paying Athletes that participate in a Sport that brings in money, but not the ones that already lose money. (and I don't believe in the "Equality" and "Fair" BS out there that would end up being forced on the Colleges and Universities)

Gets worse and worse, the more you think about it.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Gets worse and worse, the more you think about it.

High Schools don't make nearly as much as NCAA with those mega TV deals with the major networks. Plus, they are required to go to high school. Plus, they are mistly minors. There is a huge .difference between High School athletics and the NCAA. So much so, that the two are not comparable really.
Share 49ersWebzone