LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Jason Pierre-Paul Severely Injures Hand in Fireworks Accident

Shop 49ers game tickets

looks like Hanson's hand
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude's hand looks mangled but he also looks like he has dropped a whole lot of weight to boot. His days of bench pressing and doing cleans are also basically over.

he just posted an instagram of him benching. He has to put a towel on his injured hand for grip. Im sure sports medicine has some kind of prosthetic to help him out./ I say we take a chance on him if the giants sour on him. We are desperate!!!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2515338-jason-pierre-paul-injury-updates-on-des-hand-after-reported-fireworks-accident
It seems like he should be able to play with that hand. Will not affect his pass rush. I am surprised he is not playing right now, unless he is still rehabbing the injury, or getting back into shape?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It seems like he should be able to play with that hand. Will not affect his pass rush. I am surprised he is not playing right now, unless he is still rehabbing the injury, or getting back into shape?

the only trouble i think he might have is making a tackle in space where he has to get a grip on the guy with that hand.

I think he isnt playing because the giants would have to pay him the franchise tag money and they dont believe he is worth it with the risk of his game being effected by his injury and he might not be in shape after all that rehabbing. He was benching two plates on each side and it look like he was struggling to do 12. A man of his size should be able to 20 no problem
Jason Pierre-Paul. The only guy in the NFL with more names than fingers.
Jason Pierre-Paul has signed a one-year contract through the end of the season with the New York Giants. The team made the agreement official Tuesday evening. After Pierre-Paul underwent a physical Monday, the Giants deemed him ready to return to practice and negotiations between the two sides resumed.

The Giants are likely targeting a return to the field for Pierre-Paul either in Week 10 against the New England Patriots or two weeks later following their bye. The Giants receive a two-week roster exemption for the defensive end so that he can practice without counting against the 53-man roster limit.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

Here it is ... the most clear up-close shot of the hand Jason Pierre-Paul blew up in a fireworks accident on July 4 -- and it's a miracle he even got back on the field.

The New York Giants defensive end gave the media a good look during a locker room interview with reporters in which he said, "I'm still Jason Pierre-Paul. I'm ready to play football."

TMZ...
He better start perfecting that Reggie white club move
  • TyCore
  • Veteran

Honestly, I'm real happy for the guy.

I don't know the exact circumstances leading up to the kablooey, but he rehabilitated himself back to an NFL caliber player--at least as far the Giants are concerned.

Damn. Good luck to the guy
  • Antix
  • Veteran
For some reason his hand reminds me of our o line.
It would be real funny if he starts. His backup would be thinking "WTF, I got all my fingers and HE gets the nod?"
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Jason Pierre-Paul. The only guy in the NFL with more names than fingers.

lol
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 7m7 minutes ago

Jason Pierre-Paul sues @espn, @AdamSchefter for publishing Pierre-Paul's medical records
Share 49ersWebzone