LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

Wilson Wants to be Highest Paid Player

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Does anyone even remember the Superbowl they won? The most I remember from that was the first snap of the game...for a safety. LOL

I remember… I was watching the game from John Fox's house, true story.

LOL. Nice!
He'll end up on oakland next season.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:

Why? Derek Carr will be better than him in 2 years.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:

Why? Derek Carr will be better than him in 2 years.

lol
This
So I was watching ESPN's coverage of NBA free agency today and I was looking at how guys like Dragic and Milsap were getting 5 year $90mill deals with EASE. Dragic even gave the Heat a discount. Then I look at the NFL which is worth waaaaay more than the NBA and you have a young qb like Wilson who is everything a team could want in a QB and he may have to go through hell to get a lucrative deal. NFLPA does such a s**tty job.
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Jul 1, 2015 at 7:02 PM ]
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
So I was watching ESPN's coverage of NBA free agency today and I was looking at how guys like Dragic and Milsap were getting 5 year $90mill deals with EASE. Dragic even gave the Heat a discount. Then I look at the NFL which is worth waaaaay more than the NBA and you have a young qb like Wilson who is everything a team could want in a QB and he may have to go through hell to get a lucrative deal. NFLPA does such a s**tty job.

This is why I've said time and again that any dual sport athlete if given the choice opts to go NBA over NFL because the contracts are fully guaranteed from the moment they are signed. There ae a ton of former basketball players in the NFL mostly because they realized the NBA wasn't attainable. As to the NFLPA, they made a wee bit of progress last CBA but they had little to no leverage in doing so because this is an owner's league in the NFL whereas the NBA is a player's league. In the NBA 1 player can shift a team from contender to non contender case in point LeBron. In the NFL no one player guarantees you a shot at the Super Bowl so for these QBs to think they are on the level of the NBA's finest in terms of influence on an entire season I say they are delusional. I feel no player in the NFL should account for more than 10% of a team's salary but the market has dictated otherwise so Wilson is simply the next man up and he will be paid at around or above Rodgers money whether guys like it or not
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

This is why I've said time and again that any dual sport athlete if given the choice opts to go NBA over NFL because the contracts are fully guaranteed from the moment they are signed. There ae a ton of former basketball players in the NFL mostly because they realized the NBA wasn't attainable. As to the NFLPA, they made a wee bit of progress last CBA but they had little to no leverage in doing so because this is an owner's league in the NFL whereas the NBA is a player's league. In the NBA 1 player can shift a team from contender to non contender case in point LeBron. In the NFL no one player guarantees you a shot at the Super Bowl so for these QBs to think they are on the level of the NBA's finest in terms of influence on an entire season I say they are delusional. I feel no player in the NFL should account for more than 10% of a team's salary but the market has dictated otherwise so Wilson is simply the next man up and he will be paid at around or above Rodgers money whether guys like it or not

Besides the fact that one sport only has 16 games and ~63 players per roster.

Depends. You put Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, or Wilson on any team in the NFL and they become an instant contender. QB is the only position in the NFL where the player can impact the team on every play 50% of the time. With all the rules in place to put qbs in a bubble you don't have to worry about injuries as much. If I was Wilson I would draw the line in the sand and holdout.
Depends. You put Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, or Wilson on any team in the NFL and they become an instant contender. QB is the only position in the NFL where the player can impact the team on every play 50% of the time. With all the rules in place to put qbs in a bubble you don't have to worry about injuries as much. If I was Wilson I would draw the line in the sand and holdout.

Wilson can only play on teams with a great defense and a great rb
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Hmmm... if that's the case Kap would have two rings and Alex Smith would have one. People forget (don't realize) Wilson was 3rd in the NFL in offensive production amongst QBs.

Hmmm... if that's the case Kap would have two rings and Alex Smith would have one. People forget (don't realize) Wilson was 3rd in the NFL in offensive production amongst QBs.

3rd..in production?...he only has a participation of 23% in the offense. And, kaep has the same stats as Wilson last year..the only difference is percentages because kaep threw more

Wilson fkn sucks and is about to get paid for others carrying him lol
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Besides the fact that one sport only has 16 games and ~63 players per roster.

This. If you talley up game and practice time, nfl players should make a good dollar ammount per hour.

The NFL QB is the most important player but I just saw LeBron take MIA to four straight NBA Finals while winning two chips then his first year back to CLE they were in the Finals. Five straight Finals in five years because of that one player. That's impact unlike any NFL QB that depends on an OL run game WRs OC and a good defense and ST that he can't play. The NBA stud like LeBron can affect the game offensively defensively and LeBron is even the GM for all intents and purposes. No one NFL player has that impact on an entire league so I can't see why guys should suck up more than ten percent of payroll on a team with 53 guys. That situation needs to be checked. In saying that I am pulling for Russell here for obvious reasons. I want him signed at or near $25 million
he only has a participation of 23% in the offense.

What is that figure referencing?

3rd..in production?...he only has a participation of 23% in the offense. And, kaep has the same stats as Wilson last year..the only difference is percentages because kaep threw more

Wilson fkn sucks and is about to get paid for others carrying him lol

Seriously? He threw Wilson in that conversation??? Nope. Good REGULAR SEASON Game managers do not make teams instant contenders, and if you want clutch performance when it counts in the playoffs.....you can definitely count out Wilson
And by the way if kap was on Seattle he would have 2 rings. If Alex smith were on Seattle he would have 1 ring. So I guess you are right haha.
Share 49ersWebzone