LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

How will Jed York vote regarding an LA Stadium?

Shop 49ers game tickets

How will Jed York vote regarding an LA Stadium?

Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If the Rams move to LA or Cali in general wouldn't the NFL have to realign the confrences somehow? Could of swore I read that somewhere.

Actually, it's the opposite.

Yes, you read that - IF the Chargers and Raiders both move to Carson to share a stadium then there will have to be a division re-alignment. Because the NFL makes it's money on TV rights.

So, IF Carson wins and the Chargers/Raiders move to LA - a team from the NFC W and a team from the AFC W will switch.

If the Rams move to LA, no switch required. We are home and by our NFC W loved hated rivals.

If they did switch a team, it would be Chargers to NFC West, Cardinals to AFC West.

They arent going to split up original NFC West rivals in the 49ers and Rams, and the Seahawks/49ers rivalry generates too much interest to break up.

Cards are the odd team out, and they wont split up DEN/KC/OAK.
Originally posted by Niners99:
If they did switch a team, it would be Chargers to NFC West, Cardinals to AFC West.

They arent going to split up original NFC West rivals in the 49ers and Rams, and the Seahawks/49ers rivalry generates too much interest to break up.

SEA was an AFC team to start but SD to NFCW? Wow! This stuff makes my head hurt. Jed should vote yes if this gets the Raiders outta the Bay
Originally posted by Niners99:

This is the opinion of those of us who have been in the NFC W for a long time.

The STL diehards seem to think nothing of note ever happened before 1995 and they think Rams V KC is some HUGE rivalry and so they want Rams to AFC W. I don't get it, but hey, I don't get Missouri anyway.

I believe in the Niner/Ram old school rivalry - so, I believe in both of us in the NFC W. I don't want any of the 4 out - I like our division.
We are getting closer to Jed York having to give his opinion, if not his vote yet. Aug 11.
Share 49ersWebzone