There are 250 users in the forums

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Moss will be known as THE BEST DEEP THREAT WR EVER... but he will never be ahead of Rice and Owens... and ama say it again to those who didn't see my earlier post...

had OWENS the one who played with Joe, Ronnie and the Gang, there would have never been a T.O.... and Owens would have set records better than Jerry Rice..

What is this based on? Owens never looked better then Rice did. Just having Joe throwing to him? I know TO clocked a better 40 time, but he didn't look that must faster in game then Jerry and the his hands aren't in jerrys class either.

It will be simply based on the era he played on..

Owens would never be a diva (TO) because of the great leadership those 49ers had back then.. Having to work with those type of players would have made Owens a player similar to that of Joe, Ronnie and them..

His hands would have also been better because of concentration to get the play executed.

Look at Owens #s now, he got to 2nd place with all the dramas, medias and controversies... These would have never happened back in those days.. and that being said, can you imagine what more he could have accomplished???

His hands would have also been better because of concentration to get the play executed.

wtf
Originally posted by Niners816:
Moss will be known as THE BEST DEEP THREAT WR EVER... but he will never be ahead of Rice and Owens... and ama say it again to those who didn't see my earlier post...

had OWENS the one who played with Joe, Ronnie and the Gang, there would have never been a T.O.... and Owens would have set records better than Jerry Rice..

What is this based on? Owens never looked better then Rice did. Just having Joe throwing to him? I know TO clocked a better 40 time, but he didn't look that must faster in game then Jerry and the his hands aren't in jerrys class either.

It will be simply based on the era he played on..

Owens would never be a diva (TO) because of the great leadership those 49ers had back then.. Having to work with those type of players would have made Owens a player similar to that of Joe, Ronnie and them..

Look at Owens #s now, he got to 2nd place with all the dramas, medias and controversies... These would have never happened back in those days.. and that being said, can you imagine what more he could have accomplished???

Owens probably had the worst hands of any top 10 WR that I have ever seen. Not sure if I have seen him make the types of one-handed grabs I have seen guys like Rice, Randy, Carter, or other great WR's make.

Great work ethic, size and natural ability is why TO was able to do what he did. His hands were probably one of the very weakest for being a top WR.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no-randy-moss-no-terrell-owens-bill-polian-says-neither-deserves-hall-of-fame-203013301.html

"First of all, here's my position: [I want players who] contribute both individually and to the team," Polian told Judge. "T.O.'s situation, T.O.'s temperament, his ability to contribute to the team was well known up front. He was going to be a problem. We did not want to deal with problem children. Others may. We didn't.

"That's number one. Number two, every year in Indianapolis we said the following: 'The price of admission is 100 percent effort all the time in everything we do.' Well, how can we take Randy Moss when we make that statement? It's that simple."
Lets see if the cheatriots get in with their cheating.
Originally posted by jcs:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no-randy-moss-no-terrell-owens-bill-polian-says-neither-deserves-hall-of-fame-203013301.html

"First of all, here's my position: [I want players who] contribute both individually and to the team," Polian told Judge. "T.O.'s situation, T.O.'s temperament, his ability to contribute to the team was well known up front. He was going to be a problem. We did not want to deal with problem children. Others may. We didn't.

"That's number one. Number two, every year in Indianapolis we said the following: 'The price of admission is 100 percent effort all the time in everything we do.' Well, how can we take Randy Moss when we make that statement? It's that simple."

... Polian hates T.O. & Moss... Usually I respect what he says, but this is crazy talk.
Originally posted by jcs:

Cool.
Lets start a new HOF where number one is a players ability to dominate the game.
That should always be the first and foremost on deciding these.
I want TO to be in the hall of fame but it is too bad he is still whiny after all these years.

TO keeps digging himself deeper
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Terrell Owens Says He Wouldn't Pick 49ers If He Were Inducted into Hall of Fame.

The NFL will announce the 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees Saturday night in Minneapolis, and former wide receiver Terrell Owens said he doesn't want to be enshrined as a member of the San Francisco 49ers if he's included in that esteemed group. Responding to a question from TMZ Sports regarding the team he'll choose, Owens said "it won't be the Niners." However, he didn't offer an explanation. Owens spent the first eight years of his illustrious career with the 49ers. During that stretch, he tallied 592 receptions for 8,572 yards and 81 touchdowns while earning three All-Pro nods.

Link..
[ Edited by VDSF on Jan 31, 2018 at 5:46 PM ]
🖕 T.O.
I don't care if he lives or dies.

Meaningless to me.
Hate him or love him....his numbers speak loudly (just like him). He should be in.
Share 49ersWebzone