LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Do u not agree rice had a much better situation than moss did? Walsh? Montana? Young?

Of course rice did, but let's not act like moss played with bums. Before Culppepper, touched his knee he was trending as at least a top 5 QB. Look at his 2004 season it was crazy.

Moss also played with Brady and put up really good number, but they didn't blow Jerrys number away and this was in an air raid offense that threw the ball 65+ % of the time in a league that made it easier to throw and catch.

I'll give you Brady, but culpepper was a product of moss
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by plummerfan:
Originally posted by plummerfan:
I grew up watching T.O. As much as I loved him there was a better receiver I admired. #84 Randy Moss! He will forever be the greatest receiver in my eyes and I'm pissed he couldn't get his ring with the 49ers! Along with Gore, Willis Etc. Shout out to T.O. for making the td celebrations entertaining.

Imagine if moss played with Montana and Rice, how great would his numbers have been?? I make an argument for Moss as the greatest wr ever because had you swapped him and rice's situations, their numbers would have turned out much different. It's ridiculous what moss was able to do with such mediocre QBs

Moss made his qb's look great. Best hands I've ever seen. He easily should have had multiple rings. I wouldn't refute that argument either. Moss is truly my #1 receiver to ever play. Records aside, his presence commanded more. I hardly remember flash 80 but I did see the latter part of his career. However, I like T.O. more than Rice

So y'all didn't grow up seeing Rice and now you saying this? Warren Sapp wrecked Rice while he was still 35 yo coming off 1800 yd rcv years and slowed his career arc of productivity. Jerry was tearing up all the record books too way up in his old age. TO could've caught Rice but not Moss and his poor work ethic. TO ran the complete route tree he blocked and he rushed on end arounds. Give me TO all day

If you give moss the situation rice had, who do you think has the better career??

I don't know about that....in 2004, moss only played 13 games had 700 yds and Culpepper had his best year (69% 4600 yards 39 tds 110 QB rating). Culpepper was trending up before his injury. That knee injury ended his career basically.

I don't know about that....in 2004, moss only played 13 games had 700 yds and Culpepper had his best year (69% 4600 yards 39 tds 110 QB rating). Culpepper was trending up before his injury. That knee injury ended his career basically.

I can see your argument, but didn't he have cris carter?
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Aug 11, 2015 at 11:03 PM ]
I just shake my head when bitter fans STILL lie about T.O.'s time here....just ridiculous and pathetic.

I'll be back in this thread tomorrow....going out for now.
I'll always remember that game he dropped everything thrown his way and ended up catching the winning TD right over the middle, in between two defenders. It was pretty awesome.
[ Edited by jedediahyork on Aug 11, 2015 at 11:21 PM ]

No cris Carter last year in Minnesota was 2001. His leading receiver in 2004 was Nate Burleson.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I just shake my head when bitter fans STILL lie about T.O.'s time here....just ridiculous and pathetic.

So TO didnt throw mooch under the bus? Didn't always have words for Jeff, including questioning his sexuality? Didn't fight with OC Greg Knapp on the sideline? TO did a lot of team-killing type s**t.

Perhaps he would have been better served if Jerry hung around longer or if Steve didn't have his career ended prematurely. Unfortately, along with his tremendous stats he also has being kicked off of 3 teams on his resume.

No cris Carter last year in Minnesota was 2001. His leading receiver in 2004 was Nate Burleson.

I see I see. Point well made
I appreciate

If you give moss the situation rice had, who do you think has the better career??

I saw Moss run himself outta NE so ...

Moss also played with Jake Reed and Chris Carter and that back Robert Smith? Moss had help too
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

So TO didnt throw mooch under the bus? Didn't always have words for Jeff, including questioning his sexuality? Didn't fight with OC Greg Knapp on the sideline? TO did a lot of team-killing type s**t.

Perhaps he would have been better served if Jerry hung around longer or if Steve didn't have his career ended prematurely. Unfortately, along with his tremendous stats he also has being kicked off of 3 teams on his resume.
**Lets not forget the times he would sleep during practice because he felt he was so good he didn't need to practice. He was a great example to the younger receivers that the team drafted. <<sarcasm
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Moss also played with Jake Reed and Chris Carter and that back Robert Smith? Moss had help too

Never said he didn't have help, but let's not pretend like rice didn't have MUCH more help. I love rice, but I call it how I see it. I believe moss was the most talented wr to ever play the game. Period. He definitely had character issues though, not gonna deny that, and he didn't have the work ethic rice had.

My top 5 wrs of all time:
1) Moss
2) Rice
3) Owens
4) Marvin Harrison
5) Calvin Johnson ( I know it's early but I'm judging pure talent and freak athlete, he's like the Lebron of football. By the end of his career, he'll likely be in my top 3)
owens is the 2nd GOAT.

moss isn't on TO's level cuz moss never showed up in the biggest of moments..TO consistently did
Share 49ersWebzone