There are 125 users in the forums

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

• TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

This was one of the most classless moves in 49ers history. Why do people celebrate this????? f**k this guy......He tore apart the locker room, threw his QB under the bus.

f**k the cowboys
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Can's Stop it Now... . No One Does it Bettahhh!!
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

This was one of the most classless moves in 49ers history. Why do people celebrate this????? f**k this guy......He tore apart the locker room, threw his QB under the bus.

f**k the cowboys

I echo the sentiment of f**k the Cowboys.....but this was TO in s nutshell, we were an 0-3 team that in all actuality was 1-14 in their last 15 games going back to the '99 seasons. We were finally having a laugher against our most hated rival and he had to make it all about him. Forget that Charlie had 200 yards rushing or Jeff had 4 td passes it was instantly about him and his antics.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Most of yah'll called this classless??

I called it The Swaggggg!! F **K the Cowboys!!

For years, Alvin Harper used to spit on our logo ...
Lol skip this morning said on first take that T.O. doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, and that Steve Smith deserves to be inducted ahead of him. Nothing against Smith, he definitely deserves to be in the HOF. But he's not better than T.O.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if we look at the #s alone, then no other WR deserves more... but TOs problem is he annoyed almost everyone with his tactics... to me, he deserve to be in a HOF..

damnn, Michael Irvin was caught with dope and prostitutes and he's in it... why can't TO be??
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Even Better time. I hope TO gets in the HOF 1st Ballot.

^ 1st Niner-Hag meeting @ the clink (MNF 2002)....trumps the stupid, staged sheman-midget midget turkey fest last year IMHO

It would've been great to see Owens in his prime vs Sherman. What a matchup that would be
Originally posted by 9moon:
if we look at the #s alone, then no other WR deserves more... but TOs problem is he annoyed almost everyone with his tactics... to me, he deserve to be in a HOF..

damnn, Michael Irvin was caught with dope and prostitutes and he's in it... why can't TO be??

Agree 100%
Originally posted by kray28:
TO was one of our last great superstars. I will always love that guy.

Me too bro
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Lol skip this morning said on first take that T.O. doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, and that Steve Smith deserves to be inducted ahead of him. Nothing against Smith, he definitely deserves to be in the HOF. But he's not better than T.O.

That's because skip is an a*****e and says stuff like that so people like yourself will mention his name. Don't you notice how he is 100% of the time on the controversial side of the argument? That's not a coincidence. Steve smith is without a doubt a HoFer. T.O. is a first ballot HoFer.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That's because skip is an a*****e and says stuff like that so people like yourself will mention his name. Don't you notice how he is 100% of the time on the controversial side of the argument? That's not a coincidence. Steve smith is without a doubt a HoFer. T.O. is a first ballot HoFer.

I've made my feelings known that I despised the way TO blew up our team following the 2003 season. But for skip to say that a WR with 1000 catches 15,000 yards and 150 tds is not HOF worthy is beyond ridiculous. That's to little surprise because skips an idiot and can't help but say stupid s**t.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 11, 2015 at 3:33 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
What I'd like to know, is can someone really sit and say that Michael Irvin - Tim Brown & Andre Reed were better than Terrell Owens??
What I'd like to know, is can someone really sit and say that Michael Irvin - Tim Brown & Andre Reed were better than Terrell Owens??

IMO, Tim brown and Reed are not. Irvin is a great debate though. As much as I hate Irvin, you can't question his toughness and big game ability. IMO the best WRs of the 90s are:

-Jerry (obviously)
-Sterling Sharpe
-Irvin
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
While Irvin falls under GREAT by all means, you can't compare him or put his name besides TO when TO is the only WR that's even being compared to Randy Moss... and even with Randy being all that, no WR #s are closer to Jerri Rice's than TO...
While Irvin falls under GREAT by all means, you can't compare him or put his name besides TO when TO is the only WR that's even being compared to Randy Moss... and even with Randy being all that, no WR #s are closer to Jerri Rice's than TO...

Irvin lost about 3 seasons worth of numbers due to early retirement because of that neck injury. I could be off but I also don't know if he got the number of targets in the Cowboys coryell offense as a Z gets in WCO. Despite that he put up some ridiculous (100 catch 1500 yd) seasons in Norv's and Ernie Zampeses offense.
Share 49ersWebzone