LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

What a great player and role model. He was must see tv
  • KP82
First ballot HOFer based on the on field talent. But everything else about him will keep him from the shrine for a very ling time, kind of like EddieD.
Originally posted by KP82:
First ballot HOFer based on the on field talent. But everything else about him will keep him from the shrine for a very ling time, kind of like EddieD.

well he never got arrested, compared to todays stars.

he had media issues in SF, Philly, and alittle in Dallas (although this one seemed more pushed by Ed Warner from ESPN)..

since then he was with Buffalo... no team issues. Put up great numbers with bad bad QBs. Went to Cinncy, again no team issues. Put up great numbers and took over the #1 WR role from Chad Ocho. And had tiny stint with Seattle, coming back from injury... seemed to have a great relationship with Pete Carroll...and they joked with their teammates. But came to camp late, and other younger cheaper receivers stepped up and T.O. was cut roster cut downs. No issues...no drama.

so when you look back at it, I don't know... I think his *team cancer* issues were overblown... but some are still bitter here. But at the time IMO, T.O. was saying all the things we were saying on here on the Webzone... trying to get this team to change for the better.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 8, 2015 at 7:48 AM ]
This guy did not even suit his final year as a 49er
[ Edited by stunder49 on Aug 8, 2015 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
dude was a beast but a total headcase as teammate.

Dude, compared to the young whipper snappers the Niners have to deal with as of late, the Catholic church should make him an offical saint.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 8, 2015 at 8:41 AM ]
Remember him getting his act together during the playoffs in the huge comeback win against the giants. He got his revenge against strahan (when earlier in the game strahan pointed at the scoreboard) and made jason sehorn look clueless as he couldn't stop TO.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Remember him getting his act together during the playoffs in the huge comeback win against the giants. He got his revenge against strahan (when earlier in the game strahan pointed at the scoreboard) and made jason sehorn look clueless as he couldn't stop TO.

Good times

Even Better time. I hope TO gets in the HOF 1st Ballot.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Good times

Watching that vid makes me miss the WCO....

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Good times

That guy was so damn good. He was one big ass dude and was hella fast. I miss having an elite receiver like that. I've never seen a receiver with that combination of athleticism and strength.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
TO was one of our last great superstars. I will always love that guy.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

This was one of the most classless moves in 49ers history. Why do people celebrate this????? f**k this guy......He tore apart the locker room, threw his QB under the bus.
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Aug 9, 2015 at 4:18 PM ]
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

This was one of the most classless moves in 49ers history. Why do people celebrate this????? f**k this guy......He tore apart the locker room, threw his QB under the bus.

It was all in good fun. He was funny, he made us smile. But most importantly, he was a great player.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

^ 1st Niner-Hag meeting @ the clink (MNF 2002)....trumps the stupid, staged sheman-midget midget turkey fest last year IMHO
Share 49ersWebzone