LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Russell Wilson signing

Shop 49ers game tickets
Sounds like they aren't even close to giving him a extension...

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports it's "highly unlikely" the Seahawks will extend contract-year QB Russell Wilson's deal this year.
Wilson is said to be seeking in excess of $20 million annually on a five-year extension. Per Cole, the Seahawks "have no desire to get anywhere close to that" and are willing to let him play out the final year of his rookie contract and then use the franchise tag back-to-back years through 2017. That would net Wilson around $45-48 million over the next three years. Recent reports have suggested the two sides are "10s of millions" apart in contract talks. Cole's report seconds that.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7460/russell-wilson

Thoughts?? Is this a bad move or good one for Seattle?
Doing him dirty. I think they know that offense is all about Lynch and are sure if Wilson can do it without Lynch.
I read the topic title as "Russell Wilson signing [a contract soon]".

Really curious to see how much he gets.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports it's "highly unlikely" the Seahawks will extend contract-year QB Russell Wilson's deal this year.
Wilson is said to be seeking in excess of $20 million annually on a five-year extension. Per Cole, the Seahawks "have no desire to get anywhere close to that" and are willing to let him play out the final year of his rookie contract and then use the franchise tag back-to-back years through 2017. That would net Wilson around $45-48 million over the next three years. Recent reports have suggested the two sides are "10s of millions" apart in contract talks. Cole's report seconds that.

Probably just posturing by both teams as they try to grab the negotiating leverage. No one wants to blink first and this story is a non story IMO. Eventually the two sides will come together and get something worked out.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Probably just posturing by both teams as they try to grab the negotiating leverage. No one wants to blink first and this story is a non story IMO. Eventually the two sides will come together and get something worked out.

Yeah it's far from what Seattle fans had been saying/wanting as far as making it a team "friendly" contract though....Seattle is gonna have to open the wallet just like every other team, which means some of that talent will be heading for green pastures lol.

Also sounds like their two best pass rushers in Irvin and Bennett are far from happy there as well.
^^^ Irvin's not a pass rusher for them.

Edit: looks like he was #2 for them with 6.5. Hmmmm. Sorry. My mistake.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on May 15, 2015 at 12:06 PM ]
See something had to give keep signing players from their defense to long terms deals or sign their franchise QB. They chose defense n i hope now they pay the price n lose Wilson to FA. Screw them i hope they start to lose all their key players Due to excessive over spending.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
^^^ Irvin's not a pass rusher for them.

Edit: looks like he was #2 for them with 6.5. Hmmmm. Sorry. My mistake.

I thought they drafted Irvin to be a pass rusher but he hasn't shown much. Except that he can get kicked out of the super bowl...
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/russell-wilsons-cryptic-tweet-bemoans-lack-of-gratefulness/ar-BBjPAIc
These recent tweets are damn near fighting words coming from a guy like St. Russell:

Doubted me then. Doubt me now. All I know is the #BestIsAhead either way. Sleep if you want to...

It seriously reads like Colin Kaepernick accidentally logged into Wilson's account.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on May 15, 2015 at 12:36 PM ]

These recent tweets are damn near fighting words coming from a guy like St. Russell:

Doubted me then. Doubt me now. All I know is the #BestIsAhead either way. Sleep if you want to...

It seriously reads like Colin Kaepernick accidentally logged into Wilson's account.

I see your Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue colors shining through...

[ Edited by WRATHman44 on May 15, 2015 at 12:42 PM ]
"Always control what you can control," Wilson writes in the first tweet. "Never let others nonsense & lack of gratefulness & respect bring you down."

Sounds like he's getting a little butthurt.
^^^ Sure does.

And it really sticks out on his twitter feed given how mind-numbingly boring the rest of it is (just 99% jesus stuff, self-promoting "good guy" image management, and sponsorship promotion)
^^^ Sure does.

And it really sticks out on his twitter feed given how mind-numbingly boring the rest of it is (just 99% jesus stuff, self-promoting "good guy" image management, and sponsorship promotion)

Probably pissed he spent 3 years pushing his fake-ass image, only to see the Brinks truck get lost on the way to his house.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
^^^ Sure does.

Probably pissed he spent 3 years pushing his fake-ass image, only to see the Brinks truck get lost on the way to his house.

Teammates are IMing Wilson as we speak,
"you finally woke up?"
"The light has shone young brother!"
"You just got b***h slapped!"
Share 49ersWebzone