LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 165 users in the forums

Jags 1st rd pick helped off field

Shop 49ers game tickets
Heartbreak, he was one of the sure things.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Blew his ACL, out for the season. Damn
Well this poor guy's injury got me thinking about al the people (football writers and fans alike) who complained Baalke didn't draft any immediate starters or impact players. Hindsight is 20/20 but Fowler blowing out his knee before he even gets started illustrates why it's pretty damn smart of Baalke to draft guys who aren't necessarily gonna contribute right away if they don't need to. If some of them do happen to make an impact immediately that's just a bonus. In fact he's actually smart to also draft players who are injured cuz at least they're guaranteed to not get hurt as a rookie. Unfortunately when you're making the 3rd overall pick you expect that guy to be an instant starter. We can integrate the newbies more gradually because they're not expected to be one of the best players on the team already.
Hello A. Brooks! Draft pick/s please!
Good thing he's not a Niner, otherwise he'd be a bust already.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for braap49er.
When does our rookie mini camp start? Seems their rookie camp started right away. Maybe it's because I'm not used to the pushed back draft dates
Originally posted by braap49er:
When does our rookie mini camp start? Seems their rookie camp started right away. Maybe it's because I'm not used to the pushed back draft dates

Niners rookie minicamp starts next Saturday, it's a three day practice. It'll be an extra week of conditioning for our rookies and the other guys trying out.
Absolutely awful. Awful for Fowler and the team. The Jaguars deserve some good fortune.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Absolutely awful. Awful for Fowler and the team. The Jaguars deserve some good fortune.

Not in my book. Any team that picks from the Carroll tree can wallow in failure for all I care.

Bummer about the kid though...
This is EXACTLY why you draft guys AFTER they have already blown out ACLs.

Good work Baalke!

Gone for the season. But hopefully nothing long term.

Losing your 3rd overall pick before he even plays in a preseason. Total bummer.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
This is EXACTLY why you draft guys AFTER they have already blown out ACLs.

Good work Baalke!

lol
Wow this sucks. Such a talented young athlete and he may never be the same again. Just like Clowney last year. Damn shame
Originally posted by English:

First 15 minutes of the first rookie minicamp!!

I truly feel bad for him and the jaguars fans.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by English:

First 15 minutes of the first rookie minicamp!!

I truly feel bad for him and the jaguars fans.

Depressing for them
Share 49ersWebzone