LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Merry Offseason

Shop 49ers game tickets
If I was Wilson's agent I would hold out or force a trade, plain and simple. He has already done more than should be and could be expected of a guy drafted in the third round. He deserves to be the highest paid player in the NFL. The first deal after your rookie deal is based on a projection of your potential, which warrants you a much larger payday than your rookie deal. As a man let a lone a GM or Coach, I would not want the leader of my team playing out through this contract issue. Of course Schnider only cares about his legacy and knows he has to win a much as possible while he has Willow for dirt cheap.
He is going to be paid. More than Kaepernick but less than Brady or Rogers. They may get away with putting the impact back to next season, but it is coming.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/michael-bennett-i-want-a-raise-not-a-trade/

"I think everyone who has a job, they want a raise for whatever they're doing," Bennett said. "I'm just like and other American. I think everybody wants to be paid a little bit more so I don't think I fall short of that. People assume when you ask for a little more money, they assume that you want to be traded or something like that. But that's not what I'm trying to go for."
There's other reports that say he and the front office are "10's of millions" apart on an extension.
Willow wants and has earned a contract similar to Rogers, Brees Brady etc.
Let them pay thrpugh the ear for him. Just means theyll be in in salary cap hell very soon . Now that they've traded all their first rounders for the last 3 years they'll soon come plummeting back to earth.
If he wants to get back to the playoffs he had better find a team that has the #1 defense and running back. Throw in the richest owner in the NFL and a bio engineering division that can turn a normal player into a rabid dog.
Share 49ersWebzone