• dj43
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
La'El Collins will be drafted today.

Tomorrow.

I don't think he drops that much.

"We have identified where La'el was the day the lady was murdered to establish he was nowhere around," Boren told ESPN. "We have offered to give names, witnesses who can vouch for his whereabouts that day until after the woman's body was discovered. We believe that when [police] have verified that information, that they will rule him out as a suspect in the homicide, just as I believe he should be."

Nobody, so far as I can see, is saying he did it. But did he cause it to be done? That is why I think he will at least drop to tomorrow.

Agree. With Aaron Hernandez still a news story I don't think any team will take a chance until the 6th or 7th round. Some team that is already very strong will feel that a 6th round pick would have little chance to make the team anyway so they will use the pick for Collins. If he clears it is a HUGE value pick. If he doesn't, nothing lost.

If I am Baalke I don't go anywhere near this guy. With all the other police drama this team has had in the past two years the last thing the franchise needs is more of that kind of notoriety. "Winning with class."
Would draft him with 1 of our comp picks
Draft him with one of our 4th round picks
Ya, I don't see why not. Doesn't seem like he's guilty of nothing.
The Titans need OLine help Big Time and need to protect their new QB.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
damn that sucks for Collins. Worst time for this to happen. He will definitely drop due to off chance he had anything to do in the murder of his pregnant ex GF

Sucks more for the pregnant girl and her family, worst time to get gunned down.

Exactly....I can't believe that 99% of the talk is about Collins.

Yeah seriously, its not like his name is on the title of this thread.
damn that sucks for Collins. Worst time for this to happen. He will definitely drop due to off chance he had anything to do in the murder of his pregnant ex GF

I think he is referring to the draft buzz/media/draft broadcasts.

Anyways, if you ask me I would say at the earliest with our 4th comp, possibly 5th instead but depends on how our draft is going. How many risky picks do we have, do we have safe potential day 1 starters or are we loading up with risky picks? We already have 1 risky pick.... I'd be more incline to gamble if we had a safe draft before then.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 1, 2015 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I think he is referring to the draft buzz/media/draft broadcasts.

Anyways, if you ask me I would say at the earliest with our 4th comp, possibly 5th instead but depends on how our draft is going. How many risky picks do we have, do we have safe potential day 1 starters or are we loading up with risky picks? We already have 1 risky pick.... I'd be more incline to gamble if we had a safe draft before then.

my bad Ghost.

I agree Gore21. 4th round comp pick would be my earliest pick to get Collins too
No one will touch this guy till the 6th round at the earliest.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
4Th or 5Th rd at best

It's possible that he may be involved: 1st rd pick; money; child support; Ill will.
Could've paid someone to make the "problem" go away, if he was of that mindset.

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
La'El Collins will be drafted today.

Lolwut?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man his ex-girlfriend just died and he might be the dad to the surviving kid.....not sure any team is gonna touch that right now.

There is that aspect of it as well. Even if he is not connected to this in any way other than grief and/or it being his kid, that alone is a ton for a kid to deal with while trying to transition into the NFL.

Even a "best case scenario" may have teams wondering if this guy will have his heart and mind on football this year.
LSU G/T La'El Collins says he won't sign his contract if he's drafted after the third round, and will re-enter the draft next season.

It's a power play from Collins, but a smart one. It's also evident Collins believes he has nothing to fear from the police investigation into the murder of his ex-girlfriend. It's quite possible Collins will end up buckling and signing if he's a Day 3 pick, but he has little to lose by planting the seed in teams' minds. He believes he's a day-one talent, and the money gets scarcer as the rounds roll on. Collins is arguably the player to watch on Friday evening.
The risk benefit has to be there.

Round 2, no way, can get a solid player at pick 46

Round 3- see above

Round 4 compensatory pick- I think the Niners would like to take a flier at this point but another team will beat them to the punch.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The risk benefit has to be there.

Round 2, no way, can get a solid player at pick 46

Round 3- see above

Round 4 compensatory pick- I think the Niners would like to take a flier at this point but another team will beat them to the punch.

But with 4th round picks, (assuming we don't trade them previously) it doesn't have to be the comp pick at the very end of the 4th round. We could use the one we just got from SD instead.

I doubt we get him either way. But assuming he's there and we still have 3 4th rounders, we've got options.
Share 49ersWebzone