There are 183 users in the forums

NFL fires worst officials

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crake49:
Wouldn't it be nice if they fired the guy who was standing there watching two Ravens players grab on to and hold Miller on that kickoff return.

...or the...
Raven's WR jumping onto our CB, covering his full facemask well before the ball was near (but in flight) - no flag
Crabtree getting hit helmet-to-helmet - no flag
Crabtree being held on the endzone pass play - no flag
Holding in the end zone on the Raven's time wasting punt - no safety, no flag

That was, by far, the worst officiating I've ever seen. It made, and makes, me doubt the NFL's integrity. If games are not outright rigged, they are heavily manipulated.

Even some regular season games. I've seen refs pull their flags for holding, while Aldon Smith is in a choke hold... only to be put back in pocket.

"Refs are just lettin' em play." - Cop out b******t, used to avoid addressing the blatant failures of the officiating staff.
Dont forget the player who shoved a ref.

No flag. No ejection. No justice.
Wouldn't it be nice if they fired the guy who was standing there watching two Ravens players grab on to and hold Miller on that kickoff return.

That was sooooo pathetic.

If I didn't know better I'd say "The Fix" was in.!
Originally posted by Niners99:
PFT-

"The NFL has fired some of its worst officials.

Although NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino wasn't quite that blunt in confirming it today, Blandino said "we moved on from" some officials who weren't up to snuff.

"If an official isn't performing up to the standards then they won't be in the NFL," Blandino said.

Blandino declined to name the officials who won't be back, but those names are expected to become public soon.

"I won't get into specific names. We are going to publish the roster toward the end of the month so you can look at the roster and probably figure it out," Blandino said."

Please be Jerome Boger. Please Jerome Boger!

How is the Union reacting?

Strike???
Originally posted by Muggins:
IN SB 23 Joe Montana threw a pick that was dropped right before the Taylor TD. That's my go to thought when things don't go our way.

Not true. That play came at the beginning of the 4th quarter. It couldve changed the momentum of the game, but it wasnt on that legendary drive.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Muggins:
IN SB 23 Joe Montana threw a pick that was dropped right before the Taylor TD. That's my go to thought when things don't go our way.

Not true. That play came at the beginning of the 4th quarter. It couldve changed the momentum of the game, but it wasnt on that legendary drive.

For some reason, I was remembering it that way as well, but you're right. It came a few drives earlier. And, it was a huge screw up. Montana basically put it right on Louis Billups' numbers in the end zone.

LOLOLOLOL

I thought I was the only person who remembered that bullshi$. That was the worst non call in SB history and no one talks about it. Two guys tackled miller right in the middle of the field.
I agree there have been some TERRIBLE calls against niners in recent seasons, but just out of curiosity how many of us in here have actually ever officiated a football game high school or college?
Share 49ersWebzone