LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Falcons rumored to be losing high draft pick for piping in crowd noise

Shop 49ers game tickets
Imagine losing a 1st or 2nd rounder for games you ended up losing anyways. Ouch. They dun goofed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Imagine losing a 1st or 2nd rounder for games you ended up losing anyways. Ouch. They dun goofed.

Yeah, no bueno. That's gonna hurt. It's been rumored that another team (or teams) have also piped in crowd noise in the past. I remember quite awhile ago that home teams used to get penalized if the home crowd didn't quiet down enough for the visiting team to go through the snap count.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Yeah, no bueno. That's gonna hurt. It's been rumored that another team (or teams) have also piped in crowd noise in the past. I remember quite awhile ago that home teams used to get penalized if the home crowd didn't quiet down enough for the visiting team to go through the snap count.

1985 Bears @ Dolphins on MNF stands out in my mind.
Originally posted by boast:

1985 Bears @ Dolphins on MNF stands out in my mind.

At least one aspect of the game has gotten better...
Depending how severe this could really benefit the Niners as both teams pick ahead of them. If somehow it is a 1st for ATL and CLE it'll be like moving up to 13 for free and making it that much more likely an elite prospect falls to our pick.

Surprised not more people are talking about it as both the Falcons and Browns have needs the Niners may also be going towards. If ATL Loses their 1st it all but guarantees an elite pass rusher (Dante Fowler, Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley) falls to us. While not a need you never turn down a Pro Bowl caliber pass rusher at that spot in the draft, it's what won the Giants 2 Super Bowls.

If Browns lose their pick it makes it much more likely one of the big 3 receivers falls to us.
Is it realistic that they(Falcons and Browns) are going to lose a 1st or all hearsay at this point?
Shehawks are next
Well, this is something the Niners will never have to worry about.
With the 13th pick in the 2015 NFL draft the San Francisco 49er's select...
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
With the 13th pick in the 2015 NFL draft the San Francisco 49er's select...

Say if either or both of the teams only lose a 2nd or 3rd rd pick it may make them susceptible for a team wanting to trade up to recoup their lost 3rd rd pick thus mitigating some of the damage of the pick lost

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Shehawks are next

This!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Well, this is something the Niners will never have to worry about.

Truth
We'll get penalized for opposing fans getting sunburned.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Is it realistic that they(Falcons and Browns) are going to lose a 1st or all hearsay at this point?

Hearsay. I expect the Browns to lose a 2nd or 3rd, Atlanta to lose a 2nd honestly.

I wouldnt be shocked if Atlanta lost a 1st though if the NFL REALLY wanted to hammer the point home.

I dont see the Browns losing a 1st though, they didnt really get a competitive advantage for what they did, they were just stupid.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 27, 2015 at 5:59 PM ]

Yeah that other team is the Seadderal Seacawks
Share 49ersWebzone