LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Bring him back he can actually give out concussions.
HaHa. Yes, bring him back.

Jim Graham can hear the footsteps already
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Yes!!!!!!

Hell yes!!!!!

We need somebody to lay the wood. No knock on Reid or Bathea, but those guys just aren't intimidating like Goldson was.

I'm not saying he should replace either one, I'm just saying we need to get back to our 2011 type of defense when we were the bullies.
Bring him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would bring him back at the right price.

Reids concussions scare the s**t out of me.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Goldson isn't coming back here to play special teams. He sure as hell isn't starting over Reid and Bethea.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Bears, Skins, Raiders, and Chiefs would be interesting fits.

Not sure how Goldson would fit in a Mangini-run 3-4 D.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Goldson isn't coming back here to play special teams. He sure as hell isn't starting over Reid and Bethea.

Well, I hope Ward is ready to step in for Reid after his next concussion.
And who here didn't see this coming? I think pretty much every 49er fan knew he was massively over-paid and wouldn't finish out that contract. But s**tty teams always over-pay for someone.

I liked Goldson. Having a hard hitting safety used to be such a cool thing, but with the way they are calling personal fouls these days, it's become a liability. Now you want a sure tackler who is good in coverage.
That 2011 defense was scary as f**k! How I miss 2011...

Bucs cleaning house
I think the Hawk could start and get more money someplace else. Why would he sign with the Niners? Revis should start a course for NFL players on how to work the system.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
stop it!! i just got used to us not being called for pass interference and late hits extending the drives for other teams.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HERN:
Yes!!!!!!

Hell yes!!!!!

We need somebody to lay the wood. No knock on Reid or Bathea, but those guys just aren't intimidating like Goldson was.

I'm not saying he should replace either one, I'm just saying we need to get back to our 2011 type of defense when we were the bullies.
did you forget the drive extending penalties,, last i saw we have a great twosome back there, stop it
Pass
Share 49ersWebzone