LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Dockett to the Niners!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Where will he end up - Seattle??
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Jim Tomsula on release of Darnell Dockett: "That play of that whole (DL) group impacted that decision." #49ers

Nice to see them reward the play of the young guys
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Does Seattle even have money anymore?
Originally posted by Baldie:

Does Seattle even have money anymore?

They'll probly get him and Aldon Smith eventually
sucks we have to eat 2 million of his salary, but his release obviously means the coaching staff feels our younger defensive lineman can get the job done, and having Dockett around would have slowed their development , if Purcell and Armstead stunk the place up, Darnell would still be on the roster, but it's a good sign the younger guys are ready to go , it's just too bad we have 2 million of dead money on the books
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
sucks we have to eat 2 million of his salary, but his release obviously means the coaching staff feels our younger defensive lineman can get the job done, and having Dockett around would have slowed their development , if Purcell and Armstead stunk the place up, Darnell would still be on the roster, but it's a good sign the younger guys are ready to go , it's just too bad we have 2 million of dead money on the books

Good post,

Really agree w/bold
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

we have had enough of non young player development over the years

Good post,

Really agree w/bold

I was wondering what would happen with that $$ from his contract. That does suck. Hopefully they wont end up needing an extra D-lineman; hopefully ours can stay healthy for once. Speaking of that, what's the status on Glenn Dorsey? I had read that he got hurt again recently
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:

Good post,

Really agree w/bold

I was wondering what would happen with that $$ from his contract. That does suck. Hopefully they wont end up needing an extra D-lineman; hopefully ours can stay healthy for once. Speaking of that, what's the status on Glenn Dorsey? I had read that he got hurt again recently

I read on ESPN that if he is picked up for the veteran minimum of 1 million, that comes off of the money we owe him.

But again that comes from ESPN so it could be wrong.
Originally posted by 49er4life:

Good post,

Really agree w/bold

I read on ESPN that if he is picked up for the veteran minimum of 1 million, that comes off of the money we owe him.

Haha yeah. Well hopefully that does happen. Every bit of $ helps!

I was very disappointed. I loved this signing.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
I was very disappointed. I loved this signing.

Me too, but we just gotta trust that the coaching staff knew what they were doing when they released him. Especially with our head coach being a D-line coach. Hopefully we truly do have enough young guys ready to step it up and make his release not matter...
Originally posted by 49er4life:

Good post,

Really agree w/bold

I read somewhere that when Dahl got signed by the Giants that his new contract erased the dead money we would have owed to Dahl.
Share 49ersWebzone