Adrian Peterson

Shop 49ers game tickets

Adrian Peterson

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
No thanks. He will cost a lot, and he isn't worth the money IMO, if people don't want to pay Gore $4M, why would anyone want to pay AP $10M+ when he hasn't played all year? I would never give up a 1st rd pick for a RB in a trade only in the draft would I use a 1st on a RB.

And for those who say "Well he won't make $10M+" Yes he will, he will still get a huge contract from someone, and it won't be us. And quite frankly it should NOT be us. And no way in hell will he take less than $10M a yr, so the answer is a FAT NO.

I don't think it's for certain he'll get paid 10+ million. Coming off a year suspension hurts his value.

Everything I have heard says AP will still be paid close to $13M in 2015, even if release, he will be in high demand. I think coming off a suspension keeps his value high, since he will be much more rested.

Idk, I find that hard to believe, especially because he's also 30 years old now, that KILLS a RBs value. No way he will get paid the same as if he were to be 27 or 28. If what you're saying is true than AP wouldn't be worth that, or maybe he would be, but it's not worth the risk. I would like to sign him for around 8mil, 9 mil MAX.

I doubt they would go that high on a RB. I can't see spending that much on a RB, I dont care how great AP is. I rather keep Gore for $4M a yr than AP for $9M or more a yr.

I love Gore, trust me I do, but he's no AP. Regardless of age.
No thanks. He will cost a lot, and he isn't worth the money IMO, if people don't want to pay Gore $4M, why would anyone want to pay AP $10M+ when he hasn't played all year? I would never give up a 1st rd pick for a RB in a trade only in the draft would I use a 1st on a RB.

And for those who say "Well he won't make $10M+" Yes he will, he will still get a huge contract from someone, and it won't be us. And quite frankly it should NOT be us. And no way in hell will he take less than $10M a yr, so the answer is a FAT NO.

I don't think it's for certain he'll get paid 10+ million. Coming off a year suspension hurts his value.

Everything I have heard says AP will still be paid close to $13M in 2015, even if release, he will be in high demand. I think coming off a suspension keeps his value high, since he will be much more rested.

Idk, I find that hard to believe, especially because he's also 30 years old now, that KILLS a RBs value. No way he will get paid the same as if he were to be 27 or 28. If what you're saying is true than AP wouldn't be worth that, or maybe he would be, but it's not worth the risk. I would like to sign him for around 8mil, 9 mil MAX.

I doubt they would go that high on a RB. I can't see spending that much on a RB, I dont care how great AP is. I rather keep Gore for $4M a yr than AP for $9M or more a yr.

I don't care what AP has done, or can do, if you want a vet RB, you keep Gore around, who is a 49er for life. What does it say to Gore if you say no to him at $4M, but yes to AP at $9M+? That's a slap in the face IMO. Gore has been here through good and bad and terrible and horrible, etc... He stuck around, he could of left and became a FA, but chose to stick around. I say keep the leading rusher for the 49ers all time and pay him the money he deserves.

It's funny how people bitc and complain about giving Gore 4M, when we are quote on quote cap strapped, yet they want to give AP 9M, makes no sense.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
sign him and lynch

Someone's been playing Madden franchise mode with the salary cap turned off I see.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
9 million does not make any sense, but if we can cut that to about 7 million, then Peterson should be a 49er..

1st of all, as Classy as Gore is and has been, he will never be in Peterson's Class as a RB.. Gore is not even a threat anymore, and I'm sure 100% of opposing teams will rather face Gore on Dallas OL anytime than Adrian Peterson lined up in the backfield with our OL.

I see and respect the love you have for Gore, but Gore is done... he's just not the same back anymore.. and tho he may have a bit of a run here and there, you must be out of your mind not to want Peterson.

Also, even if both Gore and Peterson agrees on a $5 million a year check, Gore only has a year left in his tank while AP has 4 more years...

I don't care what AP has done, or can do, if you want a vet RB, you keep Gore around, who is a 49er for life. What does it say to Gore if you say no to him at $4M, but yes to AP at $9M+? That's a slap in the face IMO. Gore has been here through good and bad and terrible and horrible, etc... He stuck around, he could of left and became a FA, but chose to stick around. I say keep the leading rusher for the 49ers all time and pay him the money he deserves.

It's funny how people bitc and complain about giving Gore 4M, when we are quote on quote cap strapped, yet they want to give AP 9M, makes no sense.
I appreciate your loyalty. I'm all for bringing Gore back if we can't bring in AP. But you sound like a heartbroken homer. Gore will always be a 49er. Regardless of what jersey is on his back.

It's a business. Gore understands that. And I'm sure he understands that he's not as good as AP.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Feb 24, 2015 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
9 million does not make any sense, but if we can cut that to about 7 million, then Peterson should be a 49er..

1st of all, as Classy as Gore is and has been, he will never be in Peterson's Class as a RB.. Gore is not even a threat anymore, and I'm sure 100% of opposing teams will rather face Gore on Dallas OL anytime than Adrian Peterson lined up in the backfield with our OL.

I see and respect the love you have for Gore, but Gore is done... he's just not the same back anymore.. and tho he may have a bit of a run here and there, you must be out of your mind not to want Peterson.

Also, even if both Gore and Peterson agrees on a $5 million a year check, Gore only has a year left in his tank while AP has 4 more years...

I agree with everything you said.

But I disagree about Gore being done, I think he has one solid yr left if we mix him and Hyde more and keep him rested. We also need our passing game to step up so we can help open up holes for him.

I also disagree regarding AP, I highly doubt he has 4 more years left. 3 tops. Probably only 2 more years as a top 5 back. But I'm all for bringing him in on a 2-3yr contract
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
sign him and lynch

Someone's been playing Madden franchise mode with the salary cap turned off I see.
Originally posted by slowriot:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
sign him and lynch

Lol. Not just salary. Lynch would never sign with the 9ers.
whoever trades for him better have the cap space to accommodate his salary ...everyone seems to think he will land with the Cowboys , but they will have a tough time re-signing Dez Bryant and Demarco Murray...chances are, they will lose Murray, Bryant seems to be their top priority , and once Dez gets paid, there will be little room to sign any big name free agents

I appreciate your loyalty. I'm all for bringing Gore back if we can't bring in AP. But you sound like a heartbroken homer. Gore will always be a 49er. Regardless of what jersey is on his back.

It's a business. Gore understands that. And I'm sure he understands that he's not as good as AP.

He isn't coming here end of story. Is he worth the extra $5 million? Not in my eyes. Everyone is giving crap about drafting a player like DGB, but you'd be fine with giving AP $9 million after he just beat his kid and was suspended for a whole season?

I'll take Gore at 3 million, draft a RB and give that extra cash to one of our CBs...then giving AP $9 + million any day.

he will be a cowboy. AD with that O-line will be scary. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cowboy's have the #1 Offense with AD. If they use the draft to load up on Defense, they could be superbowl favorites
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Feb 25, 2015 at 10:29 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
and it would make you wonder, why Dallas would do its best to make this move while Baalke and his followers would be oppose to even the idea of signing the best RB the NFL has seen since maybe the healthy Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders..
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he will be a cowboy. AD with that O-line will be scary. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cowboy's have the #1 Offense with AD. If they use the draft to load up on Defense, they could be superbowl favorites

who is AD?
Originally posted by BMoore56:
who is AD?

AD = All Day, Peterson's nickname...
not a free agent, so why in the free agency section?
Share 49ersWebzone