There are 214 users in the forums

who is your favorite super bowl team outside of the 49ers?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
That ravens team was probably the most spectacular SB team. It was a feeling that you could basically line up their defense and special teams with no offense, and still could win the game. No other team in the NFL has ever been like that IMO. Jamal Lewis and Dilfer to Sharpe is highly underrated, but that defense was the best Ive seen in 4 decades of watching ball.

Stokley was the 2nd wide receiver on that team. Qadry Ismail was the #1. Ogden at LT
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Agree with this. That Ravens team was one of the most dominant teams to win the SB in the last 20 years, and they did it the year after the 1999 Rams lit the league on fire with their high flying offense.

The 1997 Broncos team also comes to mind. Once we lost the NFCCG to GB, I wanted Elway to finally win one and prevent Favre from back to back Super Bowls.

Both the 2000 Ravens and 01 Patriots finished with some pretty big win streaks going into the playoffs.

You're right, Baltimore rallied to finish 12-4 after a 5-4 start. I remember their offense didn't score a TD during the entire month of October lol

The 01 Patriots finished on a long win streak also, I think it was 11-5 after a 5-5 start. Their 03 team finished on a 12 game win streak entering the playoffs as well.
2002 Bucs. It was a delight to see the raiders fans hearts ripped out of their chest that year.

but they beat us 3 weeks prior...
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by crabman82:
2000 ravens. i loved it that you could win a super bowl with trent dilfer as your qb if the D is down right dominant

Agree with this. That Ravens team was one of the most dominant teams to win the SB in the last 20 years, and they did it the year after the 1999 Rams lit the league on fire with their high flying offense.

The 1997 Broncos team also comes to mind. Once we lost the NFCCG to GB, I wanted Elway to finally win one and prevent Favre from back to back Super Bowls.

That ravens team was probably the most spectacular SB team. It was a feeling that you could basically line up their defense and special teams with no offense, and still could win the game. No other team in the NFL has ever been like that IMO. Jamal Lewis and Dilfer to Sharpe is highly underrated, but that defense was the best Ive seen in 4 decades of watching ball.

That defense was ridiculous. Better than the 85 Bears.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
uh wat?

Exactly...
no such thing
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
For me? I like the 99 Rams and 91 Redskins. For losers I like the 67 Raiders.

How can you like a Rams team? That's inconceivable to me.

Agreed. That 1999 Rams team was a hated enemy of the 49ers. I didnt know a single Niner fan who didnt hate that Greatest Show on Turf squad. Thats a very odd favorite to have...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Agreed. That 1999 Rams team was a hated enemy of the 49ers. I didnt know a single Niner fan who didnt hate that Greatest Show on Turf squad. Thats a very odd favorite to have...

Even though our season in 1999 turned to absolute sh*t after Young's concussion, we were 3-1 entering the game vs the Rams who were still being labeled as pretenders. We had a 17 game win streak against them.. 4 Isaac Bruce TDs later, they beat us 42-20 and what irks me is that their players openly said (to this day) that it was THAT game that convinced them they were for real. Similar to the Falcons the year before.
1976 Raiders ...my uncle was a "Snake Stabler" fan , so I watched a lot of Raiders games with him , Dr Death, Jack Tatum and Phil Vilapiano were my favorites ...I was always a defense guy, even as a kid
Share 49ersWebzone