LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Should Seattle fire Pete Carroll?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should Seattle fire Pete Carroll?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It was nice watching Richard Sherman"s reaction too.

That was the best part!
I loved the way Pete's team showed such class after the interception.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I loved the way Pete's team showed such class after the interception.

They acted ridiculous after that interception. Just totally classless.
Originally posted by baltien:
The tampons are in the mail. On me bro.

You telling me that they don't have a multi year master plan like York and Baalke? A plan for unstoppable greatness?

You telling me that they don't have a multi year master plan like York and Baalke? A plan for unstoppable greatness?

I get that you find purpose in life by being contrarian, so I won't go into why you have no idea what you're talking about.
[ Edited by baltien on Feb 1, 2015 at 10:16 PM ]

if you call taking every 49er player that gets cut, or pulling starters off the street a great plan..so be it ..lol
pete at least WON a superbowl. pete didnt do anything like: forever destroy our perfect superbowl record, consistently produce some of the worst offense in the red zone and crucial situational moments, didnt consistently cause delay of game penalties/burn timeouts, wasn't a purported qb genius whose qb only got worse, and wasn't good at the side of the ball he was suppossed to be well versed on. i liked harbaugh but he never improved in ways he was short. you cant take the reasons for firing harbaugh and apply them to pete.
Uhhh no.
If Jed York and Baalke were running the Seahawks then yes Pete Carroll would be gone tomorrow, but I am sure they have a smarter Owner and GM that knows that solid NFL coaches don't grow on trees... Still makes me sick that Harbaugh is gone.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
If Jed York and Baalke were running the Seahawks then yes Pete Carroll would be gone tomorrow, but I am sure they have a smarter Owner and GM that knows that solid NFL coaches don't grow on trees... Still makes me sick that Harbaugh is gone.
harbaugh sucks..get over it

1) He lost a Super Bowl.

2) He made a highly questionable call around the goal line which may have contributed to that.

From all the things I read and hear those are very legitimate reasons to get rid of a top coach.

Yeah, fire him and hire Bevell in his place. LOL. Obviously I am kidding, but how in the world did Carroll let that call by Bevell go through. He is going to have nightmares of that play forever...and I love that.
Originally posted by thetruthhurts:
Yeah, fire him and hire Bevell in his place. LOL. Obviously I am kidding, but how in the world did Carroll let that call by Bevell go through. He is going to have nightmares of that play forever...and I love that.

Getting a reputation for bad judgement calls.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/pete-carroll-offers-novel-excuse-for-kicker-icing-backfire/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1483289-pete-carroll-costs-seattle-seahawks-by-icing-falcons-kicker-matt-bryant
Someone post a gif of the look on Carolls face during the interception.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Yes. Then they should promote Ken Norton Jr.
Ha
1) He lost a Super Bowl.

2) He made a highly questionable call around the goal line which may have contributed to that.

From all the things I read and hear those are very legitimate reasons to get rid of a top coach.

These are legitimate reasons to fire a top coach based on Niners standard, I will add more:

1. Didn't play with class - after the last interception
2. The offense is old style
3. The quarterback didn't complete a pass till mid way in the second second.
4. Still haven't solve some issues after so many seasons - penalties
5. The roster is so talents that the team's performance didn't meet the ridiculous expectation.
6. Although the team made it to the Superbowl this season, "almost" means nothing.
7. Pete Carroll won't fired Bevell
8. The team rank really bad on passing offense
[ Edited by littleken on Feb 1, 2015 at 11:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone