There are 258 users in the forums

Was Russell Wilson's game losing INT the most preventable SB loss of all time?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Was Russell Wilson's game losing INT the most preventable SB loss of all time?

Considering the circumstances, with Lynch as your RB, I can't think of any others.
I was wondering why belichick wasn't calling time out --if seahawks do right thing and give it to lynch and score-pats have little time on the clock to try to come back
Originally posted by hofer36:
I was wondering why belichick wasn't calling time out --if seahawks do right thing and give it to lynch and score-pats have little time on the clock to try to come back
i was thinking the same too, but then before the snap i thought it was genius as to put seattle on the hot seat with pressure and let them stress on the play calling..and it worked !
Worst call I can remember. If they had run Lynch 3 times I'm sure he would have scored. This one must hurt the Seahawks fans REAL BAD.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Worst call I can remember. If they had run Lynch 3 times I'm sure he would have scored. This one must hurt the Seahawks fans REAL BAD.

I'm glad we can hand the torch of excruciating Super Bowl losses to them.

Choke
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Choke

Pretty much. Any Football fan with half a brain could have made the calls for this situation. Got cute and got burned.

2 maybe even 3 runs to get a yard with the best RB in the NFL (outside of AP). Burning all the time off the clock for even a miracle kick off return.

Ah well game is over, Patriots won. Seahawks FO got some work to do if they want to stay relevant next year.

I love my Hawks and we'll see you guys soon.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
After the 4 yard run on 1st down I just knew the game was over. I thought I already knew the play - Lynchoff left guard or left tackle and finding a small crease to just power into.
[ Edited by Antix on Feb 2, 2015 at 10:03 AM ]

Belicheck explained after the game that they briefly thought about calling the time out, but he thought it would give them time to think about what they were going to do next. By not calling it, he thought the Seahawks would have to rush their strategy.

Originally posted by Antix:
After the 4 yard run on 1st down I just knew the game was over. I thought I already knew the play - Lynchoff left guard or left tackle and finding a small crease to just power into.
Thankfully cooler minds prevailed

If they called timeout it's a full license for Seattle to run the ball every play because the worse thing that is going to happen is them getting stuffed and NE burning a timeout. I don't know if there's a great strategy for being on the 1 yard line with less than a minute to go but they essentially said let's put the pressure on them to get that yard and it worked. If Seattle runs the ball and you stuff them for a loss you can force them into 2 pass plays to close the game and take away some of Wilson's scrambling ability. Or you guess right on the pass and win it like they did.
That was only an interception because Sherman was expecting safety hell over the top.

#seattlexcuses

#lulz
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i was thinking the same too, but then before the snap i thought it was genius as to put seattle on the hot seat with pressure and let them stress on the play calling..and it worked !

Yup. SEA was expecting a timeout, when it didn't come, they went into panic mode and didn't have enough time to use their brains.

This is totally on coaching. Never assume anything, especially against Bellicheat.
Originally posted by zaghawk:

Pretty much. Any Football fan with half a brain could have made the calls for this situation. Got cute and got burned.

2 maybe even 3 runs to get a yard with the best RB in the NFL (outside of AP). Burning all the time off the clock for even a miracle kick off return.

Ah well game is over, Patriots won. Seahawks FO got some work to do if they want to stay relevant next year.

I love my Hawks and we'll see you guys soon.

You lucky MOFOS had no business even being in that game in the first place ( Green Bay game) or down on the goal-line in that situation (fluke Kearse catch)

Welcome back to reality b***h.
Share 49ersWebzone