LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

Was the Seattle play call the worst in Super Bowl history?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Was the Seattle play call the worst in Super Bowl history?

I still cannot believe what I saw. In my opinion, that was probably the most baffling and clueless play call in Super Bowl or playoff history. Marshawn Lynch has to get the ball there, it is an absolute no brainer. Lynch should feel very angry and disrespected. It was almost as if the Seattle OC was trying to pad Wilson's stats for the MVP trophy. Seattle received a huge gift from Green Bay and then managed to pay it forward. In Seattle, the 12th man can be heard as loud as ever, cursing and weeping. As a die hard niner fan, this unfathomable turn of events managed to make this frustrating year a little more palatable. I take great pleasure in knowing that I will not have to listen to Seahawks fans boast about their 2nd championship.
I don't know, but HaRo says hi.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Is this the worst thread in post Superbowl history?

1 for yes
2 for no
Originally posted by Jcool:

1 for yes
2 for no

Jcool, your response is uncool and unnecessary. Have a great night.
This is what happens when your qb has such a big ego and would rather throw away the season than hand a lowly pheasant like Marshawn Lynch the ball to win the super bowl.

Ahhhhaahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahhahahahha
Hard to say with certainty, but it's definitely top 5 worst ever. Probably worst ever in context of the impact on the game.
Absolutely awful call.
Originally posted by thetruthhurts:

1 for yes
2 for no

roman must have made a guest play call appearance. i voted yes worst call. but for our franchise the worst calls in all of history were on 2/3/13.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
This is what happens when your qb has such a big ego and would rather throw away the season than hand a lowly pheasant like Marshawn Lynch the ball to win the super bowl.

Ahhhhaahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahhahahahha

I hope that Seattle loses Lynch to retirement or is foolish enough to let him walk after giving Wilson and Wagner big contracts. Wilson will find that the sledding will be much tougher without Beast mode. I would Love to see Lynch come back to the bay area and play with us. Platoon him and Gore. Now that would make for a great power running game.

similar to a qb wanting to satisfy his ego and beating dick Sherman and trying to force a pass over his head
Originally posted by hofer36:

similar to a qb wanting to satisfy his ego and beating dick Sherman and trying to force a pass over his head

Ouch, sad but true. Stop it Hofer. You are killing my wonderful buzz generated by the Seahawks meltdown. LOL.
Originally posted by ninersush:
roman must have made a guest play call appearance. i voted yes worst call. but for our franchise the worst calls in all of history were on 2/3/13.
not even close..we had penalties on our attempts that weren't called and it took 4 downs
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by thetruthhurts:

1 for yes
2 for no

Thanks for taking the time to respond and for your insightful input.
Yes, without question.

Ball on the 1-yard line to win the game. You have one of the toughest running backs to bring down in league history, and you throw the ball to Ricardo f**king Lockette?

Hahahahahah gtfo Seattle. Death of the "dynasty"
Share 49ersWebzone