LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

If Tom Brady wins his 4th super bowl...

Shop 49ers game tickets
How many OT's before they declare it a tie?
Picking a team to cheer for in this game is like choosing between licking the floor of a men's truckstop restroom and a carnival portapotty floor. Just. Can't. Do. It.
Greatest QB of all time
IMO

he will be in the discussion, as are most great qbs (Marino, Elway, Unitas, Manning, etc)

however, I think people will point out his two SB losses, FG Winning Drives (not TD) and team controversy as to why he is not

either way he is a HOF'er player and deserves to be in the discussion
Tom Brady the best since Montana IMO. Not better though.
Him and Joe are in a class of their own.
Both teams have all TOs
Montana is 1A, Brady is 1b.
No they are confirmed cheaters and they always will be
A) cheating allegations erupt even after the SB by the reporters. They're forever tainted.

2) Wayyyy better feeling seeing the pats win instead of Sherman

£) The era Montana played in was far brutal than this fine happy GOODELL F.L. Bradys' scrawny ass would've been destroyed by L.T. or Lott. Montana rose above all.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This. I'd love to see Tom Brady face those defenses and the pass rush that Montana had to face in the 80s. He folded against the Giants pass rush in two Super Bowls. Some of the greatest ever came out of that era. The LT' and that Giants defense, the Bears defense, later on Buddy Ryan and that Philly defense. Also, there were some decent teams in our division during the 80s. The Rams were pretty good for most of the decade and the Saints began to come on after they hired Jim Mora Sr.

You can also make an argument that as different as the eras Unitas and Montana played in (50/60s vs. 80s/90s), even though the time span is shorter, I do view Brady as being a player in a different era. If we are going to split it that way, then Tom Brady is easily the greatest QB of this current era.

And for any of those fans living in New England that want to make that best ever argument because of his championship wins, I have a few three arguments that will knock that down.

1) Spygate
2) Deflate gate
3) Otto Graham

Different era. Rules didn't emphasize passing.

As I said, Brady is easily the greatest QB of this era. My point was just that he isn't the greatest ever.
Stats schmats. Who cares? The Pats deserve their wins, they've ran a great franchise. They had their heart-breaking losses just as the 49ers have.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Montana is 1A, Brady is 1b.

Thread. There are only two acceptable answers for best QB ever. Brady or Montana. I say Montana but no argument if you say Brady
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Montana will always be #1, but just by beating the Seahawks in the SB, Brady has made me seriously think about getting his jersey.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
We can say the Pats cheated

And the Hawks lost

Definitely works for me!
Share 49ersWebzone