LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

The Arizona Cardinals are going to finish last in the NFC West in 2015?

Shop 49ers game tickets
All you have to do is knock the crap out of Palmer and he becomes erratic and an interception machine. Or gets hurt.

Our pass rush will be the key to victories this season. It will take a lot of pressure off the new corners trying to gel, and as long as our offense improves too, it should give us at least two more wins than we had last season.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Objectively, I don't see what the Cardinals have to be excited about. Their QB is a bottom 10 guy -- nobody is afraid to play Carson Palmer. Their WRs are average. They have no running game and are pinning their hopes on a mid-round rookie. They've attempted to solidify their OL -- so that may boost their run game, but their top FA acquisition can't pass block.

The reason they were able to win games last year was due to defense -- which has only taken a step back. No Cromartie, no Williams and Daryl Washington is slated to be suspended (again) at least 8 games.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Objectively, I don't see what the Cardinals have to be excited about. Their QB is a bottom 10 guy -- nobody is afraid to play Carson Palmer. Their WRs are average. They have no running game and are pinning their hopes on a mid-round rookie. They've attempted to solidify their OL -- so that may boost their run game, but their top FA acquisition can't pass block.

The reason they were able to win games last year was due to defense -- which has only taken a step back. No Cromartie, no Williams and Daryl Washington is slated to be suspended (again) at least 8 games.

Let's not forget all that fourth quarter luck they seemed to have How many times were they down and just threw up a prayer to John Brown that ended up winning them a game? It will be nice for us to finally have a deep threat.
[ Edited by TheRathman44 on May 12, 2015 at 8:08 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erChica:
Between them and the Rams. Nick Foles won't save the Rams. Palmer is injury prone. Idk.

Or you know...it'll be the 9ers who pretty much has had a depleted offseason by losing a great coaching staff & great talent with a regressing Kaep?
Something to think about.
Originally posted by WeBlitz:
Originally posted by 49erChica:
Between them and the Rams. Nick Foles won't save the Rams. Palmer is injury prone. Idk.

Or you know...it'll be the 9ers who pretty much has had a depleted offseason by losing a great coaching staff & great talent with a regressing Kaep?
Something to think about.

LOL, obvious Cards fan. No GM in the league would choose Palmer over Kap. Not one.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
LOL, obvious Cards fan. No GM in the league would choose Palmer over Kap. Not one.

I want you to re-read that quote over, son.
Comprehension, it's easy.

All I said was it wouldn't be shocking for the 9ers to finish last in the division. Hell, it's pretty much expected.

All I said was it wouldn't be shocking for the 9ers to finish last in the division. Hell, it's pretty much expected.

Sounds like a Cards fan to me
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Sounds like a Cards fan to me

Seriously. We certainly haven't blitzed with any frequency for years, but that's totally been the Cards' deal. No one else values Carson Palmer at all. Arians is a badass, but I'd take our position coaches over his in a heartbeat. Not sure how our roster is in worse shape than theirs, lol.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
All you have to do is knock the crap out of Palmer and he becomes erratic and an interception machine. Or gets hurt.

Our pass rush will be the key to victories this season. It will take a lot of pressure off the new corners trying to gel, and as long as our offense improves too, it should give us at least two more wins than we had last season.

Can't agree more. Last year I feel like our secondary was key to wins since our pass rush was relatively weak w/ no aldon, out of shape brooks. Justin Smith was among the sack leaders early in the season which says a lot
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Cardinals agreed to trade conditional 7th-rd pick to Eagles for Matt Barkley, per source. Eagles get pick if Barkley on roster for 6 games.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
It should be noted that I suck at making predictions, but gut feeling right now:

Seattle 10-6
Arizona 9-7
49ers 8-8
Rams 7-9
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Cardinals agreed to trade conditional 7th-rd pick to Eagles for Matt Barkley, per source. Eagles get pick if Barkley on roster for 6 games.

LOL!
Punk a$$ Cards signed Okoye to get the scoop on our new defensive scheme but it won't help. We are still gonna smash their a$$es!
The Cards just aren't that good of a football team. Especially after losing Bowles. They aren't even close to Seattle's level.

Seattle 12-4
Rams 7_9
Cards 7_9
49ers 3-13
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Interesting. Rare to see a franchise with three QBs who are all at the same skill level.
Share 49ersWebzone