Geep Chryst Offensive Coordinator Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Jcool:
How long before we are allowed to start FIRE GEEP CHRYST thread? 3 games in? Mid season?

Depends on the number of field goals. If it's like the last four years, maybe.

So i guess if Phil Dawson is leading the NFL in FGs we might get a thread.

So you're saying they will be getting into FG range? Win.

Well he is 25-33 from 40+ with the 49ers.
Again it looks like they settled after being told to F off by other more desired candidates. Hope it works out.
Thank god it's not Roman!!
You gotta start somewhere. You never know how good this guy can be at game planning. He could be an offensive genius...I'm going to be optimistic. How can you not succeed with a name like that?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I feel relieved that the search is over and we can move on to building the best team possible.
Originally posted by thl408:
I'll keep an open mind going in. Gotta think he's learned a thing or two from his last stint and from the past couple seasons. I just hope the 49er players aren't shaking their heads as much as we are.

Actually I believe they are privately being fueled by all the naysayers and doomsdayers that say they can't and won't win sh** next year. Our guys are true and relentless competitors! They are frothing at the mouth to help make JT a success. I say keep the criticism and jeers coming world because all it will do is to fire up our guys to go out and obliterate what's in front of them! I'm am all in win or lose because I wait until we start taking guy's livelihoods away from them on Sundays!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 28, 2015 at 5:06 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Can't be no worse than Roman.

Double negative
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So basically it's the same 9ers without Harbaugh, Roman and Fangio.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
You gotta start somewhere. You never know how good this guy can be at game planning. He could be an offensive genius...I'm going to be optimistic. How can you not succeed with a name like that?

He's been coaching for years and years and ended up a radio talk show host, don't tell me there's a "genius button" that just suddenly turns on out of now where!
Why'd you guys lock my thread? It's basically FIRE ROMAN NOW 2.0

so unfair

• thl408
I'm trying to find online articles of what the 1999 and 2000 Chargers were like offensively, but can't. If anyone finds anything, please share.
So was Geep plan X,Y, or Z?
As soon as Geep Chryst is named as OC watch Management declare he was the Number One Choice throughout the hiring process. They were just gaining information interviewing other candidates. As a Niner fan I'm hoping for the best but this appears to be a bottom of the barrel hiring. I am keeping up the positive approach that we will be winners from the get go. Another part of me says that if it looks and smells like a fish, it's probably a fish.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So basically it's the same 9ers without Harbaugh, Roman and Fangio.

Basically, the Stanford three.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 28, 2015 at 5:10 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Because he was an OC before and in the 15 years since, not even one team has seen fit to give him another opportunity before the 49ers decided he fit Jed's "Desperate and cheap" guidelines for hiring assistant coaches.
Share 49ersWebzone