LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Eric Mangini Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

Eric Mangini Thread

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I'm gotta ask because I am lazy and I do t remember how good was he way back when as a coordinator? How were they rated?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
our last d coordinator, even though some think he is god,, was below average until he got here with our players,,, mangini is probably the same way, our players tend to brighten up a coaches resume
Originally posted by Jcool:
I'm gotta ask because I am lazy and I do t remember how good was he way back when as a coordinator? How were they rated?

Yeesh...if that is tthe best he ever did as a DC, sorry but we could,have done better.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Yeesh...if that is tthe best he ever did as a DC, sorry but we could,have done better.

He has only been a DC one year. This will be his 2nd season as a DC.
Originally posted by cciowa:
our last d coordinator, even though some think he is god,, was below average until he got here with our players,,, mangini is probably the same way, our players tend to brighten up a coaches resume

He was a little below average not never even reached mediocre...just saying, I don't think the D goes off a cliff, but I would rather have gone young and risky than old and never been.

He has only been a DC one year. This will be his 2nd season as a DC.

Huh..I would have swore he had longer than that...how the hell did he land a head coaching gig....oh yeah....the jets
  • thl408
He was a little below average not never even reached mediocre...just saying, I don't think the D goes off a cliff, but I would rather have gone young and risky than old and never been.

He's 44 years old.
Originally posted by thl408:

He's 44 years old.

And he has been in the league for years...I think he is pretty much fully matured as to what you are going to get from him. Like is said i doubt our D goes off a cliff here...but I also doubt we see any improvement, and shouldn't the goal be to get better?
I think this is a good move.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its about to become an issue.

You oughtta change your handle to SusweelsSenselessness. And be sure to pay your royalties to NN for blatant gimmick infringement.

wow didn't expect a personal attack from a hall of famer.

• lazy
  • Veteran

Imposter.
Originally posted by thl408:
He's 44 years old.

This. People talking about Mangini like he's ancient. He's been around for awhile but that's because he was a DB coach for New England back when he was like 29.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 22, 2015 at 5:13 PM ]
I think the 49ers are a hot mess at DC and HC. Hopefully Baalke can find a decent OC who can do something with this offense with or without kap.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm ok with the hiring, I don't hate it.

My biggest thing was staying in a 3-4 defense.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Its about to become an issue.

You oughtta change your handle to SusweelsSenselessness. And be sure to pay your royalties to NN for blatant gimmick infringement.

wow didn't expect a personal attack from a hall of famer.

Personal attack ? Umm lol what ?

Maybe you ought to try actually backing up your claims with more detailed posts and support them with factual evidence instead of trolling and waiting around to play the I told you so card.
Share 49ersWebzone